ellbowden
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi,

I've recently picked up fast track a level chemistry via an online distance learning course. I previously started OCR chemistry at college but changed the subject.
I was wondering if anyone has any tips for revising/learning/teaching myself the content as I am only learning via textbook and can ask my tutor questions by email.
I just finished A level biology and found past papers the most useful, is this similar for chemistry or should I focus more on learning the content?x
georgewriter22
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Spoiler:
Show
i feel like as hard as it maybe to do, the best thing would be to attend physically in my opinion
Kimlek
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ellbowden)
Hi,

I've recently picked up fast track a level chemistry via an online distance learning course. I previously started OCR chemistry at college but changed the subject.
I was wondering if anyone has any tips for revising/learning/teaching myself the content as I am only learning via textbook and can ask my tutor questions by email.
I just finished A level biology and found past papers the most useful, is this similar for chemistry or should I focus more on learning the content?x
Which fast track online company is this? Is the chemistry AQA?
ellbowden
Rep:
?
(Original post by georgewriter22)
Spoiler:
Show
i feel like as hard as it maybe to do, the best thing would be to attend physically in my opinion
I have paid for the course to be online now so I don't have the option of this unfortunately.
ellbowden
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kimlek)
Which fast track online company is this? Is the chemistry AQA?
Open study college, yes it is.
pericardium
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by georgewriter22)
Spoiler:
Show
I can't say I expect this to even be possible, considering the current COVID-19 situation.

I used TailoredTutors for my studying/revising/learning of the content, they have several past papers and large question banks. They were very effective for me. Past papers and practice questions are certainly the way to go!
ellbowden
Rep:
?
(Original post by pericardium)
I can't say I expect this to even be possible, considering the current COVID-19 situation.

I used TailoredTutors for my studying/revising/learning of the content, they have several past papers and large question banks. They were very effective for me. Past papers and practice questions are certainly the way to go!
thank you that's really helpful!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (594)
34.08%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (723)
41.48%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (347)
19.91%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.53%

Watched Threads