Foxfeet
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi,
So I have some biology mocks next week and really really struggling with the application, how do I improve? It's the reason my grades are low, I can't give the question the answer it wants, any tips please? I'm presuming do loads of practice questions etc?
L-K
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Foxfeet)
Hi,
So I have some biology mocks next week and really really struggling with the application, how do I improve? It's the reason my grades are low, I can't give the question the answer it wants, any tips please? I'm presuming do loads of practice questions etc?
Application is tough to revise on its own.
You need to have a really firm grasp of the content first of all and then work on making links between topics and applying your knowledge to unfamiliar situations.
What is your exam board and what year are you in?
If you're AQA you could write some practice synoptic essays? E.g. on the importance of shapes in biology.
If also advise using Seneca learning, it's great for revision.
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Work hard. Use all your resources.
Foxfeet
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by L-K)
Application is tough to revise on its own.
You need to have a really firm grasp of the content first of all and then work on making links between topics and applying your knowledge to unfamiliar situations.
What is your exam board and what year are you in?
If you're AQA you could write some practice synoptic essays? E.g. on the importance of shapes in biology.
If also advise using Seneca learning, it's great for revision.
Hi, I'm in year 13 and doing AQA, we start the essays soon I think but we haven't done any yet
Thanks, I'll do some practice questions to see if I can link my knowledge to a topic, I feel like whatever I write is too vague or too specific and it's never right
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (579)
34.24%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (696)
41.16%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (339)
20.05%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (77)
4.55%

Watched Threads