manzikanzi
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Are there any healthcare jobs, other than medicine and dentistry, who pay 45k per year??

I'm just trying to explore my options )
Last edited by manzikanzi; 3 weeks ago
Zain k
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by manzikanzi)
Are there any healthcare jobs, other than medicine and dentistry, who pay 45k per year??

Biomedical and clinical scientists, practitioners. I've seen clinical perfusion scientist jobs with good pay. If you start off in any of these at qualified or senior level you can earn just over £50k and probably more if you get a job as a manager though generally this can be hard as managers don't really budge until they retire.
Jennyt158
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

chiropractor
optometrist- starting salaries are lower but can earn up to 45k after a few years!
UniofReading
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Have you thought about Speech and Language Therapy? Its an incredible community to be a part of and such a fast-paced, varied and rewarding job!

We have a great course for Speech and Language Therapy at the University of Reading, we get to go out on to clinical placements whilst were studying for a degree which is of a masters level!

The University of Reading is a campus based university, this means that everything is all in one place on a gorgeous green campus with a stunning lake right in the center!

Ellen
Speech and Language Therapy Student and Student Ambassador
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

A senior Physician Associate

https://www.healthcareers.nhs.uk/exp...cian-associate
BlueLightDriver
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

Jobs within the NHS are paid on the Agenda For Change pay scales. All jobs of similar skill level are paid the same rate. For 45k, you're looking at the top of band 7 or the bottom of band 8a (without unsocial pay). Have a look at NHS Jobs site for jobs at those bands
tjames988
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
health policy consultants will probably make a good amount, although you may need to work within the health sector before transferring across to policy
SpicyStrawberry
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If you were interested in a non-clinical role, the graduate management scheme may be worth looking into. Whilst training you are on Band 5 and many candidates go into Band 6/7 roles straight afterwards. It's only a matter of time until they have enough experience to go into Band 8A which is ~£45k. I didn't do this personally and have worked my way up but if you wanted a fast-track into management this is probably the best way.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (519)
33.75%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (636)
41.35%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (313)
20.35%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise