jayolo_11
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Im in year 12 so I just want to get clarity over this so I don't have worry about rushing things in the future. So I'm guessing in year 13 you have to do a UCAS personal statement directed to colleges and unis. But how would I write one if the college I look to going to is a US college for sports (in my situation: basketball)? Would mine be different? Id like to have any advice from anyone, especially people who've already went through the process im talking about.
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Have you shown it to a careers advisor?
jayolo_11
Rep:
?
(Original post by tinygirl96)
Have you shown it to a careers advisor?
im in year 12. i havent even started writing one yet
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
US unis will have very different expectations for their application process than UK unis.
jayolo_11
Rep:
?
(Original post by Interrobang)
US unis will have very different expectations for their application process than UK unis.
thanks but how do I go about writing one. are there any websites or something that can help me with this?
dlwlrma_
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You don't write a personal statement for US universities
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by jayolo_11)
thanks but how do I go about writing one. are there any websites or something that can help me with this?
This site is primarily aimed at UK students (or at least the UK application process) - there is a forum on studying in north America here, but I don't know how many people will know about the process: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=227

Otherwise you'll have to look elsewhere probably (maybe the websites for the unis you are considering)
jayolo_11
Rep:
?
(Original post by dlwlrma_)
You don't write a personal statement for US universities
Oh. But I still need to write one. So would i write a personal statement for alternative UK unis?
Interea
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Oh. But I still need to write one. So would i write a personal statement for alternative UK unis?
If you want to apply to UK unis, you do so through UCAS with a single personal statement that goes to all 5 choices you put down. Whatever you do for the US uni will be completely separate from this, and will depend on the uni you're interested in.
jayolo_11
Rep:
?
(Original post by Interea)
If you want to apply to UK unis, you do so through UCAS with a single personal statement that goes to all 5 choices you put down. Whatever you do for the US uni will be completely separate from this, and will depend on the uni you're interested in.
thank you
dlwlrma_
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Each uni/college has their own set of questions and essays you have to write which really tests your creative writing as well. Sometimes they change up the questions sometimes they don't.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (715)
33.87%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (904)
42.82%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (399)
18.9%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.41%

Watched Threads