kat273xx
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi. So i’m due to take the CAT admissions test on Wednesday but yesterday whilst I was with my grandad, who raised me, he had a heart attack. It was a really traumatic ordeal and quite frankly I’ve been a mess since. Whilst I’m obviously still going to be able to take the test do you think it’s worth contacting the college to tell them the circumstance Im taking the test under? Or will they just not care? Thank you for any helpful replies.
Last edited by kat273xx; 4 weeks ago
OpusGCSE
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Definitely worth letting them know or filling out an extenuating circumstances form - I'm sorry you had to go through such a traumatic experience they'll almost definitely take it into consideration and it can't do any harm.
kat273xx
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by OpusGCSE)
Definitely worth letting them know or filling out an extenuating circumstances form - I'm sorry you had to go through such a traumatic experience they'll almost definitely take it into consideration and it can't do any harm.
Thank you so much! Does anyone know how I might go about this too?
OpusGCSE
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by kat273xx)
Thank you so much! Does anyone know how I might go about this too?
I received an email from oxf yesterday about filing for extenuating circumstances, so I would double check your spam and if you don't have it then reach out to the admissions department - hope that helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (714)
33.9%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (901)
42.78%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (398)
18.9%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.42%

Watched Threads