Will the unis offer me a place w these predicted grades. And deferring...

Watch
TSR :)
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So I would like to study Speech and language therapy at the uni of ... Reading, Sheffield, Manchester, Manchester Met and BCU. (Apart from BCU) they all require AAB but I’m predicted AAC. I’m doing an EPQ as well. Do u think they’ll offer me a place??

ALSO, since I’m deferring, do I need to specifically contact the university to tell them I’m deferring or not?

THANKS. any help would be so great
izzxm
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Definitely apply but also make sure you have a choice with lower requirements. I’m guessing that this course isn’t considered to be oversubscribed? so i think you’ll have a decent chance at getting in. About deferring, i’m not too sure how that works apart from the fact that you can defer after your place has been confirmed on results day - i’m sure there will be some info about that on the UCAS website
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
1) Applying for any course where you dont meet the minimum entry requirements is risky. And no-one here can tell you if you'll get an offer or not. One risky choice is worth it - just make sure that you other choices are more realistic.
2) Deferring - you just entry 'year of entry' as 2022 instead on 2021 against each choice. No need to contact Unis.
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by izzxm)
you can defer after your place has been confirmed on results day
You can ask, but that's very late and you might be told No.
Its a far better idea to ask for deferral on your original application.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (64)
27.71%
No - I have already returned home (25)
10.82%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (50)
21.65%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (22)
9.52%
No - I live at home during term anyway (70)
30.3%

Watched Threads