Does anyone know why this covid policy exists? Anyone in nursing/medicine?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
If a healthcare workers relative (living in the same household) has covid symptoms then tests positive, the healthcare worker has to isolate for 2 weeks, they can then return to work. They don’t need a test.

Its great that they are back in work but could they not be infectious when they return to work through either of the following ways:

- They caught covid from their relative on day 12 of their isolation and are not yet showing symptoms

- They caught covid near the start of their isolation and have no symptoms due to a long incubation period

So I’m wondering why a test is not required before they return, trust policies just state to isolate for 2 weeks.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Forgot to add, another way they could be infectious surely is if other members of their household develops covid say half way through their isolation period...

I’m just trying to understand
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You have already made a thread similar to this. The rules for HNS workers are in line with the rules for the rest of the population.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (107)
28.23%
No - I have already returned home (50)
13.19%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (71)
18.73%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (39)
10.29%
No - I live at home during term anyway (112)
29.55%

Watched Threads