Fareeha18
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Okay so I'm pretty confused what degree to go for.My Alevels subjects are chem,phy and bio.I was planning on doing medicine but i think I've no interest in treating patients.Are there any good fields with good salary also fields that are now growing the most?
Advertisement
Shakedown
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Fareeha18)
Okay so I'm pretty confused what degree to go for.My Alevels subjects are chem,phy and bio.I was planning on doing medicine but i think I've no interest in treating patients.Are there any good fields with good salary also fields that are now growing the most?
What's wrong with patients haha
Jonathanツ
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No idea but I'm in a similar position (my school are supposed to finish out personal statements in 2 weeks and I haven't started cause I simply dunno what course to do)
Advertisement
Fareeha18
Rep:
?
(Original post by Shakedown)
What's wrong with patients haha
my communication skills are so poor lol.Also I don't like people in general (i don't know how to explain this lol) i just don't know how interact with patients in general.Also my mum is a doctor i don't find her lifestyle very fascinating it's stressful
Last edited by Fareeha18; 4 weeks ago
Shakedown
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
my communication skills are so poor lol
There's always room for improvement I'm sure you are amazing, but i think you'll think of something. I did something completely from my degree and it worked out in the end
Advertisement
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Listen to your gut feeling. What is it saying you should do?
QuentinM
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Based purely on your subjects, have you looked at other science related subjects, and do any of them interest you?
Advertisement
Fareeha18
Rep:
?
(Original post by QuentinM)
Based purely on your subjects, have you looked at other science related subjects, and do any of them interest you?
not really.I mean I was looking forward to do med but then corona virus happened and everything's a mess for doctors like they really need to put their life at risk for people who don't really care to wear a mask.
Yesterday someone told me to look into nanotechnology or astrobiology.Astrobiology sounds decent but I'm not sure what's it all about.Do you have any suggestions for fields related to these subjects?
Oxford Mum
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Maybe biomedicine, biochemistry etc, where you can do research instead and have an outlet for your scientific interests?

Please see some of the subject chapters on Oxford Demystified. All the sciences are represented there, and the offer holders/students say why they chose their subjects and the work they did to get there.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6100480
Advertisement
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (93)
28.27%
No - I have already returned home (44)
13.37%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (62)
18.84%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (32)
9.73%
No - I live at home during term anyway (98)
29.79%

Watched Threads