Ohanson15
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I have made my 5!final choices on what university to go to which are; Manchester Met, DMU, Uni of Northampton, Leeds Trinity Uni and Edge Hill. I hope to study Education studies. Does anyone know which is better for education )
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I doubt anyone will know that. Everybody is different anyway and people have different ideas about which university is right for them. You could try the Complete University Guide. However treat all rankings with care as they are not totally accurate.
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Are these QTS degrees - do they actually qualify you as a teacher? Some 'Education Studies' degrees do not give you this and then you have the expense of a PGCE degree on top.

The newer Universities are often better for vocational subjects like teaching - Roehampton, which used to be a Teacher Training College, is probably the best in the UK. Other Unis to look at for the same reason are Chichester, Bath Spa, Winchester and Worcester. Edge Hill is also good.
University of Chichester
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by McGinger)
Are these QTS degrees - do they actually qualify you as a teacher? Some 'Education Studies' degrees do not give you this and then you have the expense of a PGCE degree on top.

The newer Universities are often better for vocational subjects like teaching - Roehampton, which used to be a Teacher Training College, is probably the best in the UK. Other Unis to look at for the same reason are Chichester, Bath Spa, Winchester and Worcester. Edge Hill is also good.
Our Primary Teaching and PE degrees have QTS and we also have a variety of PGCE's too . We have actually been training teachers since the 19 century and were one of the leading institutions in the UK to train female teachers!

If anyone has any questions, feel free to message us or look at our Education courses: chi.ac.uk/education
Leeds Trinity University
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Ohanson15)
I have made my 5!final choices on what university to go to which are; Manchester Met, DMU, Uni of Northampton, Leeds Trinity Uni and Edge Hill. I hope to study Education studies. Does anyone know which is better for education )
Hi Ohanson15 :hi:

All of your choices sound excellent and we wish you the best of luck! Leeds Trinity University has a well documented history of education training, stretching all the way back to when we were a teacher training college in 1966! If you have any questions about LTU, feel free to get in touch!
De Montfort University
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi there

it is great news to hear you have all applied to De Montfort University. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask via this forum or you can call us on: 01162 50 60 70. Or whats app us on: 07970655800.

These can be questions relating to your course, accommodation, life at DMU, societies, finance...., the list goes on.

University is a big step to take and we are here to help you all, every step of the way.

We look forward to seeing you when you commence with us.

leena
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (24)
13.48%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.74%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
5.06%
I need help with my personal statement (75)
42.13%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (41)
23.03%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.69%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (14)
7.87%

Watched Threads