CitharaYote
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Currently I am taking Maths, FMaths, Physics and CompSci, predicted 3 A*s with a B in Further, and looking to study Computer Science at Imperial. Honestly I don't hate Further, but I don't enjoy it either and I have a feeling it's going to make me do slightly worse in the other subjects purely due to the extra workload, but I feel like it's probably worth sticking with as there's less than a year left. However, I don't know if it's better to drop it and get 3 pretty much guaranteed A*s than 3 likely A*s with a B, as I got an A at AS, which honestly I am pleased enough with.
I've been mulling this over in my head since before AS levels, but now that it's getting close the point of no return I need to make a decision soon.
Any advice?
Advertisement
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You could get A*A*A*A ?

Don’t you think you’ll improve on the B?
CitharaYote
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
You could get A*A*A*A ?

Don’t you think you’ll improve on the B?
If I put the majority of my study time towards further, maybe I could get an A, but at the moment from the mock exams I've done it's not looking too good. I've got a mini-test coming up the first week back so I'll see what I get in that, if I get an A I might stick on for a bit longer.
sanadtw3
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by CitharaYote)
Currently I am taking Maths, FMaths, Physics and CompSci, predicted 3 A*s with a B in Further, and looking to study Computer Science at Imperial. Honestly I don't hate Further, but I don't enjoy it either and I have a feeling it's going to make me do slightly worse in the other subjects purely due to the extra workload, but I feel like it's probably worth sticking with as there's less than a year left. However, I don't know if it's better to drop it and get 3 pretty much guaranteed A*s than 3 likely A*s with a B, as I got an A at AS, which honestly I am pleased enough with.
I've been mulling this over in my head since before AS levels, but now that it's getting close the point of no return I need to make a decision soon.
Any advice?
i’m not gonna lie it gets harder especially in the last few months. Obviously depends on your exam board, I did edexcel and the second year chapters are pretty tricky especially towards the end. I would say that if you have really kept on top of further maths content for the past year and have a good grasp content of the content then stick with it. If not then maybe drop it? Also 4 subjects aren’t highly sought after, 3A*s is better than 3A* and 1 B, even if it’s in further maths. Also Imperial could give your offer as 3A* and 1 A which could be tricky to get.
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by CitharaYote)
If I put the majority of my study time towards further, maybe I could get an A, but at the moment from the mock exams I've done it's not looking too good. I've got a mini-test coming up the first week back so I'll see what I get in that, if I get an A I might stick on for a bit longer.
I reckon you can easily get an A, if you think about it, you technically got an A, because highest grade in AS is an A
Advertisement
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (699)
33.93%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (877)
42.57%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (392)
19.03%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (92)
4.47%

Watched Threads