The Student Room Group

Everyone give your opinions - will they close schools

Don't worry, I don't really speak in all caps. with the new lockdown possibly coming, do you think they will close schools before December?
Original post by Jdjdjdjdjd
Don't worry, I don't really speak in all caps. with the new lockdown possibly coming, do you think they will close schools before December?

I don't think so although it's impossible to know. The government seem pretty determined to keep schools open, and the news at the moment says if a new lockdown were introduced next week, the schools would stay open. However, a lot can change in a month...
No. Many news outlets are reporting a National Lockdown may be coming, but they state that schools will stay open.

If they shut schools, they have to cancel exams again. And the government is doing everything to keep exams going ahead, as unfair as it may be to some. I highly doubt schools will close unless the area is in Tier 3 and there are lots of cases within said school.
who knows?
Reply 4
Original post by tinygirl96
who knows?

that's why i said give opinions, not definitive facts ;P
for the government their position of keeping schools open no matter what, have been their 'hill to die on moment', if they U-turn this position it be part of the many embarrassing U-turns they made.

however due to the growing fact that young people have been the highest transmitters of virus might just make them back down on this position.
All of this depends on the upcoming days with the suspected conference
Reply 6
Original post by ibotu020
for the government their position of keeping schools open no matter what, have been their 'hill to die on moment', if they U-turn this position it be part of the many embarrassing U-turns they made.

however due to the growing fact that young people have been the highest transmitters of virus might just make them back down on this position.
All of this depends on the upcoming days with the suspected conference

The way the government seems to come to decisions is whatever they say they wont do, they later do. If anything saying they wont makes it more likely to happen with how Bojo runs things haha
it's possible that schools could close with unions and teachers wanting a lockdown

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending