The Student Room Group

Why do universitys do this?

Why do they accept people in March? No one has finished their course by that time. Correct me if im wrong
They give you an offer, so you still have to get the grades unless you get an unconditional.
Original post by ashtolga23
They give you an offer, so you still have to get the grades unless you get an unconditional.

So even if you dont get an offer in march they can still accept you later?
Oh right so they will give someone an offer in march but if they dont get the grades for example it is withdrawn. The person who gets an offer later will only get it through clearing? Sorry if I sound new I literally never knew about this
Original post by deeenhahhaya
So even if you dont get an offer in march they can still accept you later?

I'm not sure I quite get what you're asking sorry. You apply to a university, they tell you what grades they want to see, and you either get them or you don't in August. If they have a space then they might accept you, so they can be lenient, but this is rare and they don't have to.
Original post by deeenhahhaya
Oh right so they will give someone an offer in march but if they dont get the grades for example it is withdrawn. The person who gets an offer later will only get it through clearing? Sorry if I sound new I literally never knew about this

If someone does not achieve the required grades in their conditional offer, then the Uni can use their discretion and accept them anyway. There is no guarantee that this will be possible, as it depends if they have places left after confirming spots for folks that met their offer.
Original post by Admit-One
If someone does not achieve the required grades in their conditional offer, then the Uni can use their discretion and accept them anyway. There is no guarantee that this will be possible, as it depends if they have places left after confirming spots for folks that met their offer.

oh ok thanks
Ohh makes sense. Thank you
Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending