when will covid disappear

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
serious question and just a thought, how long would you think / expect corona and all this happening in the world be around for? yes until a vaccine but will that happen anytime soon
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Well, how long's a piece of string?
TJ1997
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Let me get out my crystal ball and take a look *shakes furiously in search of an answer

Realistically, I have no clue but reckon it'll be in remission by the end of next year..
Last edited by TJ1997; 4 weeks ago
anaindiemood
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Will Covid be gone by 2021? *shakes magic 8 ball*

Cannot predict now
destiny2003
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
serious question and just a thought, how long would you think / expect corona and all this happening in the world be around for? yes until a vaccine but will that happen anytime soon
how long is a simple thread!
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
It's just another virus like the many others that have been around since the beginning of mankin and are constantly changing and coming back. I have had it for a week and I'm starting to feel better now. It was just like an average flu but the main difference is the loss of taste and it makes it harder to breath which is an issue for vulnerable people like those that have smoked all their life and are now in their 80s

Now the government and media do not want you to see it like this they really want to scare you which is why they will show you infections or deaths rising but will never compare this to previous years which debunks it as not being any more deadly than any other year when you see the death rate is no higher than normal. This is what separate the sheep from those with a brain able to question the statistics and logic of what is going on
Anonymous #3
Report 4 weeks ago
It will be around forever most likely, hopefully there will be a vaccine so it will be reduced, the scientist advisors mentioned this a few months ago
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

let me see... OK it is finishing at 11.25 am on January 3rd 2021.
Attached files
destiny2003
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
i dont think so people are being hardheaded no wearing there masks.
Anonymous #4
Report 4 weeks ago
Potentially, forever. And a vaccine may not even be a viable option, there is evidence that people lose immunity within a few months and reports of people being infected more than once.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
The government will begin to reduce restrictions next spring/summer, as this is when the seasonal flu death rate falls every year naturally. They will show the deaths going down and claim victory although really this would have happened regardless like every other year. After this it won't be talked about much but the same virus will remain in coming years, of course the death rate will be the same as this year (no higher than normal), so there's no cause for concern. It has to be covered up like this after spending 11 figures of taxpayers money and desteoying livelihoods for... absolutely nothing
Anonymous #4
Report 3 weeks ago
The government will begin to reduce restrictions next spring/summer, as this is when the seasonal flu death rate falls every year naturally. They will show the deaths going down and claim victory although really this would have happened regardless like every other year. After this it won't be talked about much but the same virus will remain in coming years, of course the death rate will be the same as this year (no higher than normal), so there's no cause for concern. It has to be covered up like this after spending 11 figures of taxpayers money and desteoying livelihoods for... absolutely nothing
Have you seen anyone dying from covid? It's not a nice way to die.... Any deaths and suffering prevented by the restrictions are totally worth it, imho.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
Have you seen anyone dying from covid? It's not a nice way to die.... Any deaths and suffering prevented by the restrictions are totally worth it, imho.
People die in similar ways every year with the flu, the weak and old always die it's part of life. Restrictions are pointless as trillions of social interactions have still taken place this year in the UK. If you want more concrete proof then look at Sweden which didn't have a lockdown yet their total deaths are no higher than normal for this time of year
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
at this rate in the year 3000
beneficialgirl
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Who knows
Titanium90
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
When the government stop over exaggerating it that will help
Anonymous #4
Report 3 weeks ago
People die in similar ways every year with the flu, the weak and old always die it's part of life. Restrictions are pointless as trillions of social interactions have still taken place this year in the UK. If you want more concrete proof then look at Sweden which didn't have a lockdown yet their total deaths are no higher than normal for this time of year
No, the death is different to the death from flu. And we vaccinate agains the flu to try and protect people.
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
After the 666th lockdown. I’m sure the government will have an exact date for that tucked away in their secret MI6 files.
_gcx
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I mean this is a nice notion but frankly not going to happen. There will come a point where it's infeasible to continue restrictions, and people will probably still be dying, but they may be for decades to come.
Anonymous #4
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by _gcx)
I mean this is a nice notion but frankly not going to happen. There will come a point where it's infeasible to continue restrictions, and people will probably still be dying, but they may be for decades to come.
By restrictions, I don't mean lockdown, I mean wearing face masks, social distancing, self-isolating when you are ill etc. I think these kinds of things are easily sustainable.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (73)
27.76%
No - I have already returned home (30)
11.41%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (54)
20.53%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (28)
10.65%
No - I live at home during term anyway (78)
29.66%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed