Would you consider this a relationship?

Watch
Tigerstripejump
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I dated this guy for 1 month about a year or so ago and we labelled ourselves bf and gf, he was my first boyfriend. When I am asked by guys if ive had a boyfriend I say yes but my friend says that the one I had isnt worth counting.
The reason why is because we only saw each other at college 2 times a week totalling to about 3 hours a week together, we never went on a date, we never texted outside of college (because he had no interest in doing so), we only held hands and hugged, we never kissed. My friend said this wasn't a real relationship and when I tell people I have had one they'll think I mean a proper one and I'll make myself seem silly for saying it.
If you were me would you say to guys you've had a boyfriend before or not?
Thanks
TJ1997
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Tigerstripejump)
So I dated this guy for 1 month about a year or so ago and we labelled ourselves bf and gf, he was my first boyfriend. When I am asked by guys if ive had a boyfriend I say yes but my friend says that the one I had isnt worth counting.
The reason why is because we only saw each other at college 2 times a week totalling to about 3 hours a week together, we never went on a date, we never texted outside of college (because he had no interest in doing so), we only held hands and hugged, we never kissed. My friend said this wasn't a real relationship and when I tell people I have had one they'll think I mean a proper one and I'll make myself seem silly for saying it.
Thanks
Maybe just say you've dated someone for a few weeks, but never had a serious or long term relationship so far
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sounds about as real as a 'relationship' you have when you're 12, I personally wouldn't bother mentioning it.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've got friends with whom I've had more interaction than you had with this 'boyfriend'! You can't be dating someone you don't go on dates with. I wouldn't bother mentioning it to people.
deadroseex
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If my friend told me that then I would say it doesn't count either.
pepsimaxcherry
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I personally wouldn’t tell people I’ve had a boyfriend if that is all that happened. I understand that it was your first “thing” with a boy so by all means you can count it! But I wouldn’t tell people you’ve been in a relationship as it just sounds like a close friendship.
navybluemug
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Damn this sounds awfully similar to the relationship I was in.
x.hannah.xx
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Tigerstripejump)
Thanks
if it was less then 3 weeks and/or toxic then it won't count but that's my personal opinon
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (122)
28.31%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.23%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (85)
19.72%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.28%
No - I live at home during term anyway (127)
29.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed