JBelle
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Guys I have a question. Is there a difference between a guy having anxiety and a girl having anxiety based on their attitudes especially in a relationship? For example, both of them are in a relationship and one of them has anxiety especially the guy. Hes not the same with the girl who has anxiety that needs assurance, so needy, who mostly ask to their partner a question like "Do you still love me?" just all about insecurities. Im just confused how a guy react when hes in a relationship even the guy has anxiety.
pepsimaxcherry
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Anxiety affects each individual differently. There is not set “thing” that everyone with anxiety does.
Old Skool Freak
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I think it's more likely their innate personality traits and their past experiences that will influence their anxiety rather than just simply whether they're male or female.

IMHO, when you're in love with someone, you're always a little bit insecure (whenever you're on to a really good thing, there's always that fear / worry that it may abruptly end)
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
Anxiety can be severe for some people and others not, no my ex boyfriend used to get anxious about little things which would build up to a big thing. Then I wouldn’t know what to do because he would find it hard to breathe and he just wanted me to sit there with him but not talk when it was happening. No comforting or anything. But he was the one that needed reassurance and had major insecurities when I went to parties etc, but he was the one that cheated on me. So if a guy/ consistently has anxiety about you’re relationship it’s most likely that he might be guilty of doing something to u, one of my friends had a similar experience too but her boyfriend was insecure not really anxious. As for a girl, I only get anxiety from exam results or things affecting my success, I can’t sleep, it makes me sick and my heart races and constant over thinking but it doesn’t affect my relationship that I am in now.
JBelle
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Anxiety can be severe for some people and others not, no my ex boyfriend used to get anxious about little things which would build up to a big thing. Then I wouldn’t know what to do because he would find it hard to breathe and he just wanted me to sit there with him but not talk when it was happening. No comforting or anything. But he was the one that needed reassurance and had major insecurities when I went to parties etc, but he was the one that cheated on me. So if a guy/ consistently has anxiety about you’re relationship it’s most likely that he might be guilty of doing something to u, one of my friends had a similar experience too but her boyfriend was insecure not really anxious. As for a girl, I only get anxiety from exam results or things affecting my success, I can’t sleep, it makes me sick and my heart races and constant over thinking but it doesn’t affect my relationship that I am in now.
Woow ur ex needs reassurance and he is also cheating on you? Why is that? What happened may i know? And what do you mean when "he might be guilty in doing something to you"??
Last edited by JBelle; 3 weeks ago
Anonymous #1
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by JBelle)
Woow ur ex needs reassurance and he is also cheating on you? Why is that? What happened may i know? And what do you mean when "he might be guilty in doing something to you"??
No I am not with my ex now, I am with someone else but this was a long time after that and he treats me exactly how I want to be treated. But when I was previously dating my ex, he was very insecure in our relationship for some reason, he had no reason to be... I said he could go on my phone if he wanted to at anytime etc. He was blaming me for all these things and saying it was making his anxiety worse but all along the things he was blaming me of doing, I found out he was the one that was actually doing those things and cheating. I broke up with him when I found out he cheated. So if they get constant anxiety within a relationship it could be because they’re hiding something or insecure about issues within the relationship or about themselves. He was talking to multiple girls, flirting over messages, they were sending him inappropriate stuff etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (675)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (856)
42.63%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (386)
19.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed