When uk student go to university??

Watch
Handsome bob
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Guys, i want to know when uk student enter uni after graduate from high school. I read that you get your result or hs diploma or whatever in july/august and then apply on october-january.

So for example, in uk if i graduate highschool at august 2020, then i apply to uni at october 2020. So i go to uni the next year? At 2021? Is it like that? Because that is very long time to wait to uni, like a gap year... or is it not like that? Im curious hehehe
Advertisement
gorilla_08
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You do GCSE exams at 16 years old (These are used in admissions to competitive universities, and you need to pass these to enter most universities)

You do A Level exams that are at 18 years old

You apply to university a few months before A Level exams to get offers from universities (like 7 months before), and then you get offers requiring to get certain grades in these A level tests (which youll know before you take the exams). If you get the grades you go to you chosen university.

e.g John does gcse june 2016

John applies to universities in December 2017 (where his GCSE and performance is mock tests determines his "predicted grades" from teachers, which universities can see on his application, and also personal statement/references)

John gets all his offers by March 2018
John does all his exams between May-Jun 2018

John start university October 2018

The better your GCSE grades, personal statement, teacher predicted grades for A level, all are the better odds higher universities will give you an offer
Last edited by gorilla_08; 4 weeks ago
Handsome bob
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by gorilla_08)
You do GCSE exams at 16 years old (These are used in admissions to competitive universities, and you need to pass these to enter most universities)

You do A Level exams that are at 18 years old

You apply to university a few months before A Level exams to get offers from universities (like 7 months before), and then you get offers requiring to get certain grades in these A level tests (which youll know before you take the exams). If you get the grades you go to you chosen university.

e.g John does gcse june 2016

John applies to universities in December 2017 (where his GCSE and performance is mock tests determines his "predicted grades" from teachers, which universities can see on his application, and also personal statement/references)

John gets all his offers by March 2018
John does all his exams between May-Jun 2018

John start university October 2018

The better your GCSE grades, personal statement, teacher predicted grades for A level, all are the better odds higher universities will give you an offer
Ohh oke oke, thanks for answer, high school in uk very interesting because i read only 3 subject. In my country, 10+ subject but education not very good. Uk very good
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (650)
33.56%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (822)
42.44%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.51%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (87)
4.49%

Watched Threads