Milomeep
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I am predicted ABB but the course I want to study requires AAB. If I am eligible for contextual offer will I get an offer for the course? I want to study psychology and cognitive neuroscience at uni of Nottingham.
Last edited by Milomeep; 3 weeks ago
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Milomeep)
I am predicted ABB but the course I want to study requires AAB. If I am eligible for contextual offer will I get an offer for the course? I want to study psychology and cognitive neuroscience at uni of Nottingham.
Have you spoken to Nottingham? That is normally a logical thing to do if that is the uni you are interested in?
They will assess your application first and if you would merit an offer normally then they can check the contextual side.
Sp[eak to them and as long as they dont deter you from applying then you get considered like everyone else. You arent precluded from getting AAB as predicteds are just an estimation.
Milomeep
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Have you spoken to Nottingham? That is normally a logical thing to do if that is the uni you are interested in?
They will assess your application first and if you would merit an offer normally then they can check the contextual side.
Sp[eak to them and as long as they dont deter you from applying then you get considered like everyone else. You arent precluded from getting AAB as predicteds are just an estimation.
I made an enquiry but it said that they’re focusing on their new starters and that there’s a high volume of enquiries so there will be a delay in responding.
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Every Uni has different criteria for who receives a Contextual Offer.
Some are clear about how/why (Bristol) others are appallingly vague.
If you aren't sure- always contact the University and ask.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (494)
33.51%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (612)
41.52%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (300)
20.35%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (68)
4.61%

Watched Threads