The Student Room Group

Best Computer Science Unis

What are the best universities for studying Computer Science related degrees? What are the job prospects like in each of the unis? What is the difference between the top unis and the 'normal' unis?
Have you checked the uni league tables?
You need to look at the detail of each course - look at what units are compulsory, which are optional. What units would you do at each one, and why. Look at all three/four years of the course. What extras like work-placements are on offer - these matter for career prospects.

Look at the Campus Tours/Open Day films on YouTube for each Uni - what is different about each Uni? Where do you think you will be happiest - small Uni, big Uni, size of Dept etc - what is important to you..

League Tables and rankings are total bunkum. They are just a commercial marketing tool used to sell Universities to the gullible/lazy. They cannot tell you if YOU will enjoy that course or like being at that Uni.
Original post by McGinger
You need to look at the detail of each course - look at what units are compulsory, which are optional. What units would you do at each one, and why. Look at all three/four years of the course. What extras like work-placements are on offer - these matter for career prospects.

Look at the Campus Tours/Open Day films on YouTube for each Uni - what is different about each Uni? Where do you think you will be happiest - small Uni, big Uni, size of Dept etc - what is important to you..

League Tables and rankings are total bunkum. They are just a commercial marketing tool used to sell Universities to the gullible/lazy. They cannot tell you if YOU will enjoy that course or like being at that Uni.

Thank you! I'll do that.
Original post by navybluemug
Have you checked the uni league tables?

Yes, I have. I'm targetting for at least the top 20 unis(according to https://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings/computer-science). But my predictions are pretty low which is a bummer.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending