The Student Room Group

Been fined for going to a house party

I've been fined for going to a house party I'm a student and I can't afford the fine what's gonna happen to me?

Scroll to see replies

You were fined for going to the house party? Not hosting it? You were caught breaking to rule of six and now have to deal with it. Tough luck, should have been more subtle about it. Ask your parents for help.
sucks to be you i guess, maybe give the house parties a rest for now?
Then you should have thought about it before you went...
I went to one couple nights ago in Nottingham and no one got caught
Reply 5
The fine should mention payment methods and what you can do in that situation. Just say you have no money because you're a student and offer £20 a month or something until your financial situation improves.
Well I mean, I guess it’s your own fault, u shouldn’t have been it’s so selfish to go in the first place so it’s karma. How ignorant can u be during COVID.
(edited 3 years ago)
Agree to pay it over time. Be glad the punishments are very soft. If it were me you'd appear in court, have a criminal record if convicted, and either have a driving ban or have your passport withdrawn for the first couple of years after travel resumes.
Original post by Anonymous
I went to one couple nights ago in Nottingham and no one got caught

Well, aren't you the shiniest turds in the toilet??

Totally selfish. I hope you or the rest of the morons don't have elderly or poorly family that you're going to infect with this ****ing awful disease. Pulmonary failure is such a fun way to die, don't you think? Party on!
Well, aren't you the shiniest turds in the toilet??

Totally selfish. I hope you or the rest of the morons don't have elderly or poorly family that you're going to infect with this ****ing awful disease. Pulmonary failure is such a fun way to die, don't you think? Party on!

Not gonna see any family any time soon while at uni
Original post by barnetlad
Agree to pay it over time. Be glad the punishments are very soft. If it were me you'd appear in court, have a criminal record if convicted, and either have a driving ban or have your passport withdrawn for the first couple of years after travel resumes.

Why not have them hanged outside parliament too? An example to all of us.
set up a Just Giving™ page... people will be moved by your tragic story.
Reply 12
Attachment not found

No sympathy. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
Sorry this happened to you, bud. This whole lockdown is a complete scam. Sweden got away with no lockdown and they did fine. Studies show there is little/no appreciable impact of severity of lockdown on COVID-19 deaths. Don't let people guilt you about trying to go about your life in these ridiculous, completely unscientific times ruled by fear and hysteria.

As for what's going to happen to you. I'm not sure. I really doubt they'd jail you as this is such a minor infraction of the law. There will probably be some deal you can work out.
(edited 3 years ago)
The amount of hostility in this thread is upsetting. The OP is in the wrong, but there's no need to guilt trip them about their mistake, what is done is done.
Not gonna see any family any time soon while at uni

Well, that's fine for you but what about the people you come in contact with at uni?
Original post by pericardium
The amount of hostility in this thread is upsetting. The OP is in the wrong, but there's no need to guilt trip them about their mistake, what is done is done.

I know right. Some of the replies in this thread are ridiculous, and it’s sad that some people really took the time to type them out lmao.
Reply 17
What the lockdowns are doing to sanity, health and the economy are far worse than the virus.
I am sorry that this thread has been descended upon by those that consider themselves to be morally superior.

People make mistakes. I would much rather see young people being able to meet in groups than young people becoming mentally ill.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by pericardium

Covid has brought out the worst in everybody, including the people who consider themselves saint-like.
Reply 19
Original post by LCHF OMAD
Sorry this happened to you, bud. This whole lockdown is a complete scam. Sweden got away with no lockdown and they did fine. Studies show there is little/no appreciable impact of severity of lockdown on COVID-19 deaths. Don't let people guilt you about trying to go about your life in these ridiculous, completely unscientific times ruled by fear and hysteria.

As for what's going to happen to you. I'm not sure. I really doubt they'd jail you as this is such a minor infraction of the law. There will probably be some deal you can work out.

Why do people compare apples and oranges and use the less-populated and less-densely populated Sweden as an example of what to do? They actually closed colleges and universities for the over-16s, but kept schools for younger pupils open. The country also banned gatherings of more than 50 people, and urged those over 70 and in at-risk groups to self-isolate. In May, the country recorded the most Covid-19 deaths per capita in Europe. Its toll per million inhabitants remains 10 times higher than that of Norway and Finland, although lower than Spain and Italy, abd rising number of infections means it is facing new restrictions.

Everyone wants to go about their life, but certain people can't when there are those who think it's no problem to break the rules. Going to a house party is not more important than other people's health and wellbeing, and things like this that can spread the virus are the reason restrictions are in place and could get tougher, and so it goes on.

Quick Reply

Latest