Applying to course higher than my predicted grades

Watch
mus1403
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
My predicted grades are BBB, is it a waste of a choice if I apply to a course that wants ABB. This is for Queen Mary Uni of London and Uni of Liverpool
Milomeep
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Check the university’s offer rates to help make a decision and their statistics.
Admit-One
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
One grade below is perfectly fine for an aspirational choice. Just be sensible with your choices overall.

(Offer rate calculators and offer stats are not terribly useful as they don’t tell you what element of self selection by applicants is going on, or more importantly why successful applicants were successful. There is more to their assessment than just your predictions)
ishagala
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by mus1403)
My predicted grades are BBB, is it a waste of a choice if I apply to a course that wants ABB. This is for Queen Mary Uni of London and Uni of Liverpool
I think it's fair to apply one uni above your predicted grades,so I'd say go for it!

(Original post by Milomeep)
Check the university’s offer rates to help make a decision and their statistics.
izzxm
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
you should 100% apply - it’s only one of your choices!
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Just be aware that if you do get an offer, those are the grades they will want in August.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (656)
33.55%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (829)
42.4%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (381)
19.49%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (89)
4.55%

Watched Threads