D&CA discussion topics question

Watch this thread
PTMalewski
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by 04MR17)
A couple of reminders:

If you wish to discuss the principles of Islam, please do so in the Religion forum, not the news forum.

Please be respectful of everyone on TSR. You can disagree with someone without being rude toward them.

Thank you
Explain me, what point does it make to have discussions on an event, if we're not allowed to discuss what caused it?

Or maybe you just wish to censor crticism of Islam in popular subforum?
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by PTMalewski)
Explain me, what point does it make to have discussions on an event, if we're not allowed to discuss what caused it?

Or maybe you just wish to censor crticism of Islam in popular subforum?
Of course you're allowed to discuss that, but if it's about the ins and outs of a religion then that particular debate belongs in the Religion forum.

There seems to be a popular myth that long off topic discussions get binned - not by me they don't. If it's me they are moved to a forum more appropriate discussion and then left to continue. Like this post.

This isn't about freedom of speech (which doesn't exist on TSR anyway), this is about stopping a thread being derailed with pages of posts about Islam that aren't directly connected to the news story itself. Such things have happened before and result in the thread being closed.

Moving those posts into more relevant sections stops that happening. Furthermore, the other myth is that the thread can't discuss Islam, of course you can. You'll find many posts in there talking about Islam, but almost all of them wl do so whilst directly referencing the events in France - if it's discussing that then it's clearly about the news story at hand and belongs in that thread.

I won't be discussing this further with you, so if you have more questions you're best asking them in AtCS. But I felt your question deserved an explanation.
Last edited by 04MR17; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (22)
25.58%
As I expected (27)
31.4%
Harder (31)
36.05%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
6.98%

Watched Threads