The Student Room Group

Hallowe’en 🎃 quiz

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 1st superstar
Surely a kahoot quiz would be better as people can easily Google the answer to the questions?

Yeeaahhh
Good idea
Original post by 𝔸𝕤𝕡𝕖𝕟 𝔸𝕦𝕣𝕖𝕝𝕚𝕒
Im good at creative writing but sometimes I get a bit stuck and sometimes the outcome isn't that great so sorry if these 2 answers to the questions are really bad hehe

Question 6 - creative!
Write a description of a haunted house
- As you wander through the graveyard look around you. The atmosphere is different compared to other places. Embrace the cold, eerie wind shivering your spine-tingling bones, what a time to be alive I tell you. The musky darkness grasps this place on this mysteriously unusual evening. A dramatic array of what seems unordinary. The trees. Old and timeless, its leaves welcome you as its branches move swiftly with the wind. They are monumental and unusual - they have survived the test of time. Their form is different though - deformed in such a way their branches twist and turn in complete agony. But it is their fault. They have tricked many people in this world to eat the poisonous fruits which lie upon their deadly branches as so in return they get this agony. These trees have stood the test of time but never learn their lesson. Their leaves are old and deformed yet beautiful and unique. They fall all around in this deceased place. They fall in a place so burdened and cruel somewhere where if you lay your eyes upon you shall be burdened and full of regret for the rest of your life. This place is somewhere where we shall all go one day. As much as we don't wish to enter we shall - we have no choice. I think you know what this place is - the graveyard. This graveyard is filled with grief and pain but not for me. Bodies of old and young lie here and soon many more bodies shall lie here but that's not the only thing that lies here. A haunted house lies here - spooky don't you think? This haunted house has been here for hundreds of years. No one has dared to buy this house as they know it is haunted by a very special someone. Death himself. I am death - I used to be a human just like you but alas my life was not normal. I was bullied for being "different" to the other children and so my dark side took over me. I began to love crime and I started to love taking away the life of others - it made me happy and when I died I became Death himself. I live in what you call "The Haunted House" and I play tricks on anyone who dares to enter my house. I see people who come here to say hello to their deceased loved ones and it brings me to tears how someone could be so loved yet I was not loved by anyone in this world not including my family, my "friends", passersbys - no one at all.
Life in this "haunted house" is miserable. Being all alone with no one to talk to and no one to keep me company except the dead people who are my slaves but they can't talk all they can do is cry and work their bony little knuckles off. Tis a sad, sad life but tis my job to serve in this Haunted house and forever it shall be my job for non in this world have the dignity and evilness in their minds have my job. This haunted house is my home. A home that has served the test of time - a home that has made peace with me. A place where I could call my own. People run with fear when they see this haunted house but when I go on my daily whereabouts thinking of who to kill and come back home I am greeted to my haunted house that has stood what feels like a lifetime with me. This haunted house is a part of me and I shall forever live in this house for this is my home - a darkened home with spine-chilling sadness all around it. One day when you die you will be able to see this home and you will want to run away from this daunting house but you won't be able to as from when you die you are a slave to me, Death and you shall live the life I had to live - unsweetened agony. I shall see you soon for your time in this world is almost up...Sleep with one eye open tonight for your life shall be gone soon......very very soon indeed.....

Hope you enjoyed the story - I came up with it right now hehe.

Question 7 - creative!
Write a poem about Autumn

Swiftly moving, not knowing where they go
these enchanted leaves move fast and sometimes slow
They are carried by the winds of Autumn
In the long lost valley of Korakorkam
They shall go and they shall come
In the dusk and in the setting sun

One day they are here and the next they are there
They move around this valley without a care
Red, yellow, green and brown
Are the colours of the leaves that come around
But sometimes they fly away from this valley
They fly to the forest of O'Malley

Up, up, up and away they soar
To the forest of O'Malley where no one's been before
They fly away to this unusual forest
in which they are greeted with a group of Chorists
Elegantly singing they touch the enchanted leaves
which tells them if they sing more a gift they will receive

Mesmerized the choristers sing
and these enchanted leaves start to cling
they swirl together and rise up to the sky
up into the sky way up high
The choristers wish and their wish comes true
They wished for autumn to come and anew

Shimmer and sparkles burst around
but nothing happens to what surrounds
The leaves make a note and tell the chorists
Autumn will not appear in the forests

They say autumn is something that can't be determined
it is something that brings beauty and happiness to the earth (doesn't rhyme sorry hehe)
The choristers were enlightened and looked around
and realised that autumn had been found
Autumn had been here all along

Autumn is something that purifies this world
Something that makes this world different and pure
Autumn is a thing that makes us smile
Oh autumn please stay a while

so yh these are my entries for question 6 and 7 - Sorry if these sound really bad hehe - pls forgive me hehe

WOW!

Fantastic!
Surely a kahoot quiz would be better as people can easily Google the answer to the questions?

Do you think people would like this?

I have got a quiz and could post the code! :smile:

Does anyone want to do this
Original post by Thebigworld

I’ll do it! (:
Original post by Ellamayooo
I’ll do it! (:

Here is the code
I haven’t seen the questions yet sooo…
(edited 3 years ago)

The code is:
@Ellamayooo

@Rufus the red

@Golderz Is Great

@Valeriex

@1st superstar

@KAy1a.2021 (tut I thought it was an i. !!!)

@M_Zara

@tbi_zlx

Join in!

Do the quiz or Kahoot!

I don’t mind!

Spoiler

@Ellamayooo

@Rufus the red

@SoulfulTwist

@Golderz Is Great

@Valeriex

@1st superstar

@M_Zara

@tbi_zlx

@Hellohsjakodsmka

Join in!

Do the quiz or Kahoot!

I don’t mind!

Spoiler

its fine
WOW!

Fantastic!

hehe thx
hehe thx

Will you join my Kahoot!?

Code is 05128162
hehe thx

Whoops you already have :smile:
I did alright I think
Original post by Ellamayooo
I did alright I think

Yes :smile: thank you!
I will take a look!
Whoops you already have :smile:

Oh yh it may say that Ive done it twice but I only joined twice cus when I did it first my screen froze so I went off the tab (im on a laptop) and I did it again - sorry if this seems like cheating but its the truth and nothing but the truth and I was halfway through the quiz when my screen froze
Oh yh it may say that Ive done it twice but I only joined twice cus when I did it first my screen froze so I went off the tab (im on a laptop) and I did it again - sorry if this seems like cheating but its the truth and nothing but the truth and I was halfway through the quiz when my screen froze

That’s fine

You are in the lead

If you had have done it twice then on the second one, you would have got them all right (you did not) hehe
@Ellamayooo

@Rufus the red

@SoulfulTwist

@Golderz Is Great

@Valeriex

@1st superstar

@M_Zara

@tbi_zlx

@Hellohsjakodsmka

Join in!

Do the quiz or Kahoot!

I don’t mind!

Spoiler

Sureeee im down
Original post by tbi_zlx
Sureeee im down

YES
:party:

Meh I probably won't do the quiz but it's up to you.
Meh I probably won't do the quiz but it's up to you.

I don’t mind
Who is playing?

Quick Reply

Latest