themess14
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I'm currently doing my UCAS and filling out my predicted grades for A Levels and I have a question.
So originally I was doing the EPQ, I had some interest with the topic and I thought it would be nice to put on my personal statement. When lockdown hit things got out of control with me for a while and I pushed my EPQ work to the side to focus on my A Level courses. I eventually decided that it was a bad idea to continue and talked with the head of the course on how to quit. They explained that I was not allowed to quit but if I wanted I could just not do the subject (basically my name is still listed on the course but I'm not handing in any work). No one has explained to me if I will still receive a qualification (in this case a fail or a U) or not. I'm unsure if I should list this on my UCAS.
Can anyone help?
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by themess14)
So I'm currently doing my UCAS and filling out my predicted grades for A Levels and I have a question.
So originally I was doing the EPQ, I had some interest with the topic and I thought it would be nice to put on my personal statement. When lockdown hit things got out of control with me for a while and I pushed my EPQ work to the side to focus on my A Level courses. I eventually decided that it was a bad idea to continue and talked with the head of the course on how to quit. They explained that I was not allowed to quit but if I wanted I could just not do the subject (basically my name is still listed on the course but I'm not handing in any work). No one has explained to me if I will still receive a qualification (in this case a fail or a U) or not. I'm unsure if I should list this on my UCAS.
Can anyone help?
I would discuss this with your school- they should be able to tell you if you will receive a qualification or not. If you will receive something, even if a U, it does need to go on your UCAS form.

Obviously the sensible solution is for you school to allow you to drop the EPQ...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (126)
28.31%
No - I have already returned home (59)
13.26%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (87)
19.55%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (41)
9.21%
No - I live at home during term anyway (132)
29.66%

Watched Threads