RickRohan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
So for my IMRAD report we have been told to use the journal of cell biology referencing style. So I went to endnotes website to download it but when I do it doesn't appear in my endnote application. Can anyone help?
macpatgh-Sheldon
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by RickRohan)
So for my IMRAD report we have been told to use the journal of cell biology referencing style. So I went to endnotes website to download it but when I do it doesn't appear in my endnote application. Can anyone help?
Hi,

Let me try to sort your problem.

I would expect the style you need to apply to your refs to be already present in your Endnote program (did you check before downloading from web? - I ask cos my older vs has it, and Endnote add more styles every time they update their sw.)

First try doing roughly what I have shown in at-d Word file [although I use an older version when I write my own papers] - you should be able to work out how to use a similar set of steps in vs X9.

If by chance it is not there then, try this:

(Download the style - already done I understand)

Go to the folder where you saved the downloaded file and double-click it. It will open in EndNote.

On the open style, go to “File Menu” and choose “Save As”. Replace the word “copy” with your style’s name and click “Save”.

Click on “File Menu” and choose “Close Style”

Then Go back to your EndNote Library and go to "Select another style", as in my original steps in the at-d file. Select it from the list.

If this does not work, you will need to activate the new style as follows:-
Click on Edit in the top toolbar
Select Styles > Open style manager
Tick the check box for the J of Cell Bio style.
Close the Style manager
Close and re-open EndNote - this is the step you might be omitting.
The new style will now be available for you to use.

Hope this helps! If still stuck PM me!

Be safe!
M
Attached files
Last edited by macpatgh-Sheldon; 10 months ago
macpatgh-Sheldon
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
RickRohan

Good morning!
I answered this Q for you 2 weeks ago - there is no feedback or further Qs - are you OK young man?

M.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.49%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.02%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
16.97%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.02%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (79)
29.15%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.34%

Watched Threads