Ask out a vet.

Watch
AskaVet
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
This is my first time seeing her, taking my parrot for a checkup.
I immediately consider asking her out, opting out at the last minute.
I gain an insight into her name, religion, exchange a basic compliment 'You look fairly young for a vet', then ask whether she'd be my regular practice.
She gives an answer that made it seem worthwhile, that being 'Maybe'.
Due to Covid-19, we meet outside.

I didn't feel the first time would be necessary, not being able to shake hands, get closer so next time, I'll choose her as my vet and hope we meet again.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
So how old should someone look who is a vet? I'd say that's a bit insulting and focusing on something as superficial as looks and ignoring the brains behind it.

What wasn't necessary the first time? Why would get closer next time? Social distancing aside, it's not fair to invade someone's personal space when they are being professional and trying to do a job.
GabiAbi84
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Surnia)
So how old should someone look who is a vet? I'd say that's a bit insulting and focusing on something as superficial as looks and ignoring the brains behind it.

What wasn't necessary the first time? Why would get closer next time? Social distancing aside, it's not fair to invade someone's personal space when they are being professional and trying to do a job.
I agree that telling someone they look “fairly young for a vet” is in fact an insult and not a “basic” compliment (whatever that is)
An answer that makes it seem worthwhile is “maybe” 😹 oh dear.
tbi_zlx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by AskaVet)
This is my first time seeing her, taking my parrot for a checkup.
I immediately consider asking her out, opting out at the last minute.
I gain an insight into her name, religion, exchange a basic compliment 'You look fairly young for a vet', then ask whether she'd be my regular practice.
She gives an answer that made it seem worthwhile, that being 'Maybe'.
Due to Covid-19, we meet outside.

I didn't feel the first time would be necessary, not being able to shake hands, get closer so next time, I'll choose her as my vet and hope we meet again.
So is this all just a fantasy you have or are you actually gonna put this into play? Cos you look fairly young for a vert wont end well
chopingirl
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
does the parrot need a check up or are you just using it to get to the vet?
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Your interaction with her sounds like you made a bad first impression. I'd advise against it!
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by chopingirl)
does the parrot need a check up or are you just using it to get to the vet?
Should have let the parrot do the talking, it's probably got better chat-up lines
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (624)
33.75%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (778)
42.08%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.69%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (83)
4.49%

Watched Threads