R.I.P Sean Connery

Watch
Essex King
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
According to recent news, James Bond actor Sean Connery has died aged ninety. I wish to take this chance to say Rest In Peace. It is currently unknown what his cause of death was, but let's not rule out coronavirus, until it has been proved otherwise.

Feel free to share anything related to the actor.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The first and, for many, the ultimate 007.

Yes, subsequently he played roles from a Russian submarine commander to an Irish cop with a Scottish accent, but he'll always be remembered as Bond. James Bond.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54761824
pepsimaxcherry
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Rest in peace ❤️
Essex King
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Surnia)
The first and, for many, the ultimate 007.

Yes, subsequently he played roles from a Russian submarine commander to an Irish cop with a Scottish accent, but he'll always be remembered as Bond. James Bond.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54761824
Good thread, but you're the second person to post this subject. I also posted the same thing, but received zero replies.
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
RIP Sir Sean :emo:

:007:
candydiva
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
"Mr. Blofeld! It's Bond. He's dead!"
"U r wasting my time. Bond never dies. Find out who is behind this story and kill them. Slowly."

Yes he was the best Bond. I liked George Lazenby maybe coz the script in OHMSS was my fave but Connery was so iconic.
Em395
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi. I read this and thought there was no way this amazing actor could have died but then I got a shock when it came up on my newsfeed. This was the same when Alan Rickman died.
I loved his portrayal of Indiana Jones' father - he made it more comical and he really brought out a side in Harrison Ford's character that wouldn't otherwise have been seen. He was made for that role.

I must confess that I didn't watch him in James Bond - I watched odd clips when my family were watching it but it wasn't really my thing.

RIP Sean Connery! x
Bexjw
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
RIP. Sad news. He was certainly one of my favourite portrayals of Bond. I’ll never get over being told that he was apparently awfully rude when you met him. 🙁
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
:eek::eek::eek:

No way!!! he just aged 90 in August and now he is dead all of a sudden?! one of the best bond actors, but also actor in general. Just think about William Baskerville in The Name of The Rose or Jim Malone in The Untouchables.

:rip:

Farewell, Mr.Bond!

I will drink a martini for you, of course shaken, not stirred! Cheers!

barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Whilst he has lived to a good age (for a man), when I mentioned it someone earlier this evening, I could sense possible tears from them. May he rest in peace.
TJ1997
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Very sad loss indeed but as said before, he lived a long life. A true legend of the silver screen.

Read the Ian Fleming Bond books as a kid and his portrayal of the character was undeniably brilliant. As someone on the news said earlier, James Bond didn't make Sean Connery but rather Sean Connery made James Bond.

Also really enjoyed him in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and The Untouchables.
Johanny x
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
R.I.P! :sad:
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by the bear)
RIP Sir Sean :emo:

He was a gentleman and portrayed the bond role best. No bond character was gentler as Connery.
candydiva
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I love this quote and who better to deliver it? Here's Roger Moore on Sean Connery....

Q: "Didn't one of your children ask you at the time whether if you and James Bond had a fight, who would win?"
A: "Yes, that was Geoffrey, he was about eight or nine years old. He was at the age when kids think that their dad is bigger and stronger than anybody else. And we were in a restaurant having lunch, and he said, "Daddy, could you beat up anybody who came in here?" And I looked around and they all looked fairly old so I said, "Sure, I could." He said, "What if James Bond comes in?" I said, "Well, I'm James Bond," and he said, "I mean the real James Bond, Sean Connery."

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/articl...-moore-dies-89
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (538)
33.96%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (651)
41.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (322)
20.33%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (73)
4.61%

Watched Threads