The Student Room Group

what religion am i

if I believe in jesus but not god?

Scroll to see replies

How can you believe in jesus and not God? When you say you believe in jesus what exactly do you mean? Do you believe he's a messiah or just a normal person?
Reply 2
Original post by Mr T 999
How can you believe in jesus and not God? When you say you believe in jesus what exactly do you mean? Do you believe he's a messiah or just a normal person?

I think he's both. I think he was here to save people from sinning in order to be good people. I think that he might be god but it confuses me as Christians make it out that God is a random guy in the sky and so idk what's the truth
Original post by csmh1912
I think he's both. I think he was here to save people from sinning in order to be good people. I think that he might be god but it confuses me as Christians make it out that God is a random guy in the sky and so idk what's the truth

christian athiest by the sound of
it

I think you need to do some research into the religion because you've got it quite wrong.
Christians believe that Jesus was God. They believe that God comes in three forms: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. The Father is the God who is usually portrayed as sitting in Heaven, but isn't necessarily. He created the world etc. The Son is Jesus. The Holy Spirit is all around us at all times.
Therefore if you believe that Jesus was God and here to save us from sin, you basically are in line with Christian belief, but I think you need to do a lot more research into it because you shouldn't commit to a faith before knowing about it.

You said you don't believe in God and now you say that jesus is God? So you do believe in God?
Do you mean that you don't believe that any God or deity exists but you do believe in the existence of Christ and agree with some of his message as reported in some books of new testament scripture? :confused:
Sounds like you're an atheist with an interest in some of the teachings of Christ quoted within the new testament.
Reply 7
Original post by londonmyst
Do you mean that you don't believe that any God or deity exists but you do believe in the existence of Christ and agree with some of his message as reported in some books of new testament scripture? :confused:
Sounds like you're an atheist with an interest in some of the teachings of Christ quoted within the new testament.

I mean that I don't think there's anything supernatural. but I believe in most of it. just I'm not sure whether god is jesus or if he was a supernatural being. if he was jesus then I believe it but if he's supernatural then I don't.
I think that Jesus is a prophet that was sent to spread the message of God just like the many prophets that came but because the holy books continued to be altered and people came back towards corruption, more holy books were written and more prophets were sent until one holy book wasn’t altered
To be honest, it doesn’t make sense to me to think of God as three parts but rather one God so I get your confusion
You’ll just have to do some research and perhaps read in to other religions to because a lot of them have similar beliefs to an extent.
I mean that I don't think there's anything supernatural. but I believe in most of it. just I'm not sure whether god is jesus or if he was a supernatural being. if he was jesus then I believe it but if he's supernatural then I don't.

Yes Christians believe that Jesus was God, he wasn't some random supernatural being.
Reply 10
Original post by Blue_skies124
I think that Jesus is a prophet that was sent to spread the message of God just like the many prophets that came but because the holy books continued to be altered and people came back towards corruption, more holy books were written and more prophets were sent until one holy book wasn’t altered
To be honest, it doesn’t make sense to me to think of God as three parts but rather one God so I get your confusion
You’ll just have to do some research and perhaps read in to other religions to because a lot of them have similar beliefs to an extent.

ah you're right!! that's what I think. thanks
Reply 11
Original post by chloenix
Yes Christians believe that Jesus was God, he wasn't some random supernatural being.

oh but what's the difference between each branch of Christianity then?
he's a christian athiest end of ffs

I see you fellow Muslim xx
oh but what's the difference between each branch of Christianity then?

Do you mean different Christians sects and churches?
For example- catholic, protestant, orthodox, anabaptist, evangelical, methodist, pentecostal, quakers, non-denominational.

Do you believe jesus birth was a miracle and that Mary gave birth without being impregnated by a man?
Reply 16
Original post by londonmyst
Do you mean different Christians sects and churches?
For example- catholic, protestant, orthodox, anabaptist, evangelical, methodist, pentecostal, quakers, non-denominational.

yeah !!
Reply 17
Original post by Lewis_Shefffield

I would think that that's a good answer, but is it not wrong to say Christian atheist? you cannot be both can you? it doesn't make sense.
Original post by Lewis_Shefffield

What exactly does that mean?
Reply 19
Original post by Mr T 999
Do you believe jesus birth was a miracle and that Mary gave birth without being impregnated by a man?

I think it was a miracle because Jesus was such an amazing person, a gift to the world. but I do think that she was impregnated by a man.

Quick Reply

Latest