The Student Room Group

Re: Another lockdown will affect my mental health

Original post by Geraldthegoat
The lockdown is necessary, they’ve estimated over 85,000 will die over winter because of it & the circuit breakers aren’t working. I get that it’s going to be tough but do u live with anyone ?, possible u will have a support bubble that u can stay with when the lockdown happens. I mean lockdown isn’t all bad, u can FaceTime your friends, do more activities etc.

Live with my parents but they don't care my dad said I was stupid for trying to take my life and mum is too scared to say anything my dad has an awful temper
Reply 1
hey, I know it's tough - i feel the same. Would you be willing to maybe talk to someone online about it, i know there are a few sites out there like giveusashout, betterhelp etc. If not that's completely understandable, but it may be worth doing a bit of research on coping mechanisms (you know the ones that go beyond "just go for a walk!") or even just facetiming or messaging friends regularly. i know you said your dad has a bad temper and isn't supportive, i wonder if your mum could be any better to talk to? maybe just talking to her when your dad isn't around could help her understand how you're feeling. I'm really sorry for you, i hope you manage alright and hopefully this lockdown doesn't last long but of course it is necessary. If you ever need someone to talk to that isn't friends or family then feel free to pm me and i'll give you my instagram or something if you want to vent.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending