anonymous1026
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
What are the chances of getting pooled? As in what percentage of applicants get pooled and for what reasons?
Theloniouss
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
About 25% of offer holders are pooled. Could be for any number of reasons.
Last edited by Theloniouss; 4 weeks ago
anonymous1026
Rep:
?
(Original post by Theloniouss)
About 25% of offer holders are pooled. Could be for any number of reasons.
Oh wow that is a lot higher than I expected, do you happen to know how that is communicated on ucas? Would you know if you've been pooled before you get an offer/even if you dont get an offer?
Theloniouss
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by anonymous1026)
Oh wow that is a lot higher than I expected, do you happen to know how that is communicated on ucas? Would you know if you've been pooled before you get an offer/even if you dont get an offer?
You receive your offer by email (I think it's the 25th Jan this year) from the offering college. If you're pooled, you'll know because the college you get an offer from won't be the one you interviewed at. If you aren't fished, your original college will tell you that you were pooled.
anonymous1026
Rep:
?
(Original post by Theloniouss)
You receive your offer by email (I think it's the 25th Jan this year) from the offering college. If you're pooled, you'll know because the college you get an offer from won't be the one you interviewed at. If you aren't fished, your original college will tell you that you were pooled.
Ah okay thank you that was very helpful, so everyone gets emails on January 25th telling them whether they got an offer?
Theloniouss
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by anonymous1026)
Ah okay thank you that was very helpful, so everyone gets emails on January 25th telling them whether they got an offer?
yep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (707)
33.94%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (890)
42.73%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (393)
18.87%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.46%

Watched Threads