Elishaaaaaa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hello I’m doing my first essay for criminology and I’m really struggling if anyone can help that would be great
The question is ‘ critically discus how the media constructs and distorts children’ I have to link it to sociological and criminology theories and include case studies such as the james bulger case and explain how the media represents children as angels and demons I’m struggling on what sources to include and how to structure an essay in uni
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello

Research theories in depth as a starting point and make short notes on flashcards. Sum up relevant case studies in your own words here. Read beyond the lines of the case study in question. Reference all used reference sources at the bottom of your essay as well. Make sure to briefly include a witty snapshot of your own perspective. Explore the effect video games and movies tend to have on kids of all ages. You could even aim to explain the serial murderer gene. Evaluate the risks of such a gene.
Discuss the full impact on society in addition. Parenting surveys, forums, newspaper articles and magazine stories are fodder but do not forget the level of bias that may be present. List lessons learned etc. Refer back to the original question at all times during your note making and essay writing. Have five or six paragraphs typed up or written. One needs to be about the everlasting effects of crime on society and families. Weave only relevant information into your essay.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (14)
11.86%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (29)
24.58%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (51)
43.22%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (20)
16.95%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
3.39%

Watched Threads