Lyn_03
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I want to study law and criminology at university however I’m only predicted BBB because I was shoved into subjects I wasn’t fond off.

Is it worth it ? Will I get into a law course with these grades ? If so where would take me that’s good. ?

I would love to study law and criminology however if my grades mean that I won’t get a good job afterwards I’d be better going into something else.
SnowMiku
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hiya, might I suggest you take a look here? I personally can't answer your queries but maybe someone there can with regards to the law bit
Although, if in doubt, I'd suggest looking at universities you're interested in and their grade requirements.
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Look at

Oxford Brookes
Brighton
Keele
Salford
Middlesex
Plymouth
Roehampton
UCLAN
Winchester
Derby
Sheffield Hallam
Hull
lilycgbcd
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hey! Someone I know got BBB and they did Psychology, English and Politics for A level and they now study law at University of East Anglia (UEA) so there are 100% options for you! Don’t worry
kp07l
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
What exactly do you want to do jobs wise after? Because speaking honestly while you may be able to get into academia relatively easily with BBB at A Level provided you do well when you're at uni, it will be incredibly hard for you to become a solicitor or barrister. Most solicitor firms have cut offs of AAB for a levels unless you have persuasive mitigating circumstances. I would absolutely not recommend you aim for becoming a barrister - if this is your dream then I'm sure there are ways to get there but - the bar is elitist and extremely competitive. Criminology may be good if you want to work for something like the police or go into academic criminology/sociology but it won't help your chances in terms of getting a job even if you go for CPS.
I hope this advice helps, it feels *****y to write this but I would much rather say something truthful. It's a bad time to study law at the moment especially with the impacts coronavirus has had
Uni of Hull Students
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Lyn_03)
I want to study law and criminology at university however I’m only predicted BBB because I was shoved into subjects I wasn’t fond off.

Is it worth it ? Will I get into a law course with these grades ? If so where would take me that’s good. ?

I would love to study law and criminology however if my grades mean that I won’t get a good job afterwards I’d be better going into something else.
Hi Lyn_03

Its great that you are considering studying Law and Criminology.

Here at Hull we offer it as two different combinations - Law with criminology or Criminology with Law.

Our LLB (Hons) Law with Criminology course entry requirements are BBB / 120 UCAS Points.
Six reasons to study Law with Criminology at Hull:
99% graduate employability rating*
Close links with criminal justice agencies
Learn the legal ropes in our mock courtroom
Test your skills in Law Society competitions
Opportunities to give legal advice to real clients
Opt to spend a year studying in another country

More details about this course are available on our website - https://www.hull.ac.uk/study/undergr...ology-llb-hons

Our BA (Hons) Criminology with Law course entry requirements are BBC / 112 UCAS Points.
Six reasons to study Criminology with Law at Hull:
Get to grips with the British legal system
Chance for placements with Humberside Police
Active student Law Society
Chance to learn alongside prisoners at HMP Hull
Annual criminal justice careers event
99% graduate employability rating*

More details about this course are available on our website- https://www.hull.ac.uk/study/undergr...th-law-ba-hons

But it’s not just about the grades – we’ll look at your whole application. We want to know what makes you tick, and about your previous experience

If you have any questions about studying Law at Hull, we have students available via our Ask a Student page on our website.

Consider what you would like to do job wise after university and the careers and degree routes into that career path. There are so many options out there.
But its the skill set and experience which you gain whilst completing a degree which employers are interested in, not just the grades. If you are wishing to go into law, look at what experience you can gain both before and during completing a law degree. Every bit of experience is helpful

Hope this helps

Emily
Sheffield Hallam University
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago

Hey Lyn_03,

We offer a LLB Law with Criminology course which requires BBB. If the course page intrigues you, you should come to our next virtual open day where you can watch a new course talk from the course leader and you'll have the opportunity to chat live with academics, current students and other university services such as student support and accommodation. Our next open days are on Saturday 21st November 12-3pm and Wednesday 9th December 5-7pm & you can sign up here. Our academics will be able to answer the above questions about your career path on the day.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions.
- Ella
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago

https://www.theuniguide.co.uk/search...t%5D=relevance

Search results
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (44)
18.41%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (68)
28.45%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (91)
38.08%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (30)
12.55%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (6)
2.51%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed