The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wired_1800
That’s fair. The numbers may soon be in the thousands.

= Bloodbath ?

Would you still agree though that a lockdown still is nothing in front of having to self isolate/quarantine ? Honestly, it is such a killer in terms of health :frown: 😩😩😩😩😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😫😫😫☹️😞😔😔 it feels so unhealthy bcos of no walking for long outside etc,..
UK is so in flames right now, it's heading nowhere under Boris' management. When's Boris gonna get replaced ?
Original post by Anonymous370
= Bloodbath ?

Would you still agree though that a lockdown still is nothing in front of having to self isolate/quarantine ? Honestly, it is such a killer in terms of health :frown: 😩😩😩😩😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😫😫😫☹️😞😔😔 it feels so unhealthy bcos of no walking for long outside etc,..

I think there has to be a set of options to defeat this virus. Just locking down everyone does not mean that the virus will suddenly disappear.
UK is so in flames right now, it's heading nowhere under Boris' management. When's Boris gonna get replaced ?

I have a really bad feeling this will prove schools are hotspots and they'll close them
Original post by josie71202
I have a really bad feeling this will prove schools are hotspots and they'll close them

The students may suffer from that outcome and blame the Government.
Reply 66
As expected.
If only people would take the virus seriously and stayed home..
Reply 67
it feels so unhealthy bcos of no walking for long outside etc,..

Who says you cant go for walks outside?
I think there has to be a set of options to defeat this virus. Just locking down everyone does not mean that the virus will suddenly disappear.

Exactly, mate you should be doing Boris' job tbh...
Original post by josie71202

Yeah, they definitely are I'm telling you mate, kids have sense than adults and mingle more easily etc, so of course they should be closed for good for a legit lockdown...

Wow, really ? Are you for real there ? That's ages away, 3-4 years is an enormous wait away :frown:
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Who says you cant go for walks outside?

I'm self isolating bcos unfortunately one of my flatmates tested + :frown:, so we all gotta self isolate, we got a message by NHS to self isolate unfortunately, so we're all screwed until 31st October, freed from this prison of staying Home all day tomorrow....
The students may suffer from that outcome and blame the Government.

We have been blaming the gov since schools opened
Exactly, mate you should be doing Boris' job tbh...

Yeah, they definitely are I'm telling you mate, kids have sense than adults and mingle more easily etc, so of course they should be closed for good for a legit lockdown...

Wow, really ? Are you for real there ? That's ages away, 3-4 years is an enormous wait away :frown:

National elections are every 5 years. Last one was last year (2019).
Original post by starshine1155
We have been blaming the gov since schools opened

True.
360 deaths in the past 24 hours.

I wonder if they all actually died of covid.
Original post by Ramipril
I wonder if they all actually died of covid.

Apparently died after testing positive for covid. I dont know the facts.
Apparently died after testing positive for covid. I dont know the facts.

What's written in the small print when the BBC anounce the deaths? Something like "died from any cause with 28 days with a positive test"
What's written in the small print when the BBC anounce the deaths? Something like "died from any cause with 28 days with a positive test"

Yes. I think that is written.
Yes. I think that is written.

Sounds legit right :lol:
Sounds legit right :lol:

I have not seen the small print but it appeared to be consistent with my understanding.
I am literally hear reading about people saying, oh my days young people's futures will be destroyed and such. No, it is because you cannot be bothered to study for yourself without the reliance of a teacher.
If I can finish A level Maths and Further Maths in 2 months during quarantine. Why can't you? Teachers are not as good as they seem to be, they seem as if they know more than you. I literally flexed on my teacher, asking if he could solve this International Maths Olympiad question through the means of knowing combinatorics, Chinese remainder theorem etc. He did not have a clue, and I often to show him the proper way of getting things done, since his technique is so inefficient. How did I get to this standard you may ask, that is because I could be bothered to learn through extracurricular textbooks, for example S.G Telang's Number theory The Art and Craft of Problem Solving by Paul Zeitz and many other.. You have to strive to become better than everyone else and look for resources to better yourself! Study ahead, don't always think this is good enough! Make in difference in life, humans can achieve anything.

It is just the fact that a typical student does not have enough motivation to actually do better. Why would you want to be worse than your teacher, when you can be better than him/her. The people who create new theorems, hypothesises and new technology always try and think outside the box and how they can be the very best. Nowadays, there is an abundance of resources, in the library and online!

NoNe Of ThIs "OH MY GAWD IM LOSING OUT ON MY EDUCATION BECAUSE IM NOT AT SCHOOL!"

Learning is a lifelong journey, not just after school/college.
(edited 3 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending