The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by ArtmisKco
Not sure tbh. Schools should’ve closed as when they opened at the end of August/September that’s when everything started to rise

How long can you keep the children without an education? We may as well be going back the the 1600s at that point.
Reply 81
Original post by Wired_1800
I think there has to be a set of options to defeat this virus. Just locking down everyone does not mean that the virus will suddenly disappear.

What happens when the 4 weeks is over? They go back to this current situation, things go to sh*t again and another lockdown is put in place.

A lockdown isn’t going to solve anything it is a token gesture to pretend something is happening. I’d love to know the number of people admitted to hospital for bashing their heads into brick walls with frustration over this madness.
Reply 82
Original post by Ramipril
I wonder if they all actually died of covid.

If someone with covid is hit by a bus they get counted so no, I would bet most of them didn’t.
Original post by Bio 7
How long can you keep the children without an education? We may as well be going back the the 1600s at that point.

There is something called the internet where most resources are located nowadays to better yourself. Just depends if you are in the mood. But, most students are lazy af to just get by with the content they are taught.
Reply 84
Original post by IntegrationLord
There is something called the internet where most resources are located nowadays to better yourself. Just depends if you are in the mood. But, most students are lazy af to just get by with the content they are taught.

Not everyone has a good internet connection, stable home life, competent teachers that can guide them on what to learn and access to certain resources so instead of assuming how everyone else lives and thinking all is well take a moment to consider not everyone is doing great this year and people aren’t just being lazy. Children need their education with teachers for many reasons outside of just teaching, some have a bad home life and need that time away, some don’t have the resources, parents may need to work and can’t find an alternative.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Bio 7
What happens when the 4 weeks is over? They go back to this current situation, things go to sh*t again and another lockdown is put in place.

A lockdown isn’t going to solve anything it is a token gesture to pretend something is happening. I’d love to know the number of people admitted to hospital for bashing their heads into brick walls with frustration over this madness.

I recognise that this is a blunt instrument to use as a means to control the virus. However, I dont know what the actual solution without a vaccine will be because the other options include herd immunity whilst shielding the vulnerable or an effective test & trace system.
Original post by Bio 7
Not everyone has a good internet connection, stable home life, competent teachers that can guide them on what to learn and access to certain resources so instead of assuming how everyone else lives and thinking all is well take a moment to consider not everyone is doing great this year and people aren’t just being lazy. Children need their education with teachers for many reasons outside of just teaching, some have a bad home life and need that time away, some don’t have the resources, parents may need to work and can’t find an alternative.

I pirate my resources, I work online teaching people my age and I am not rich in any sense. I live in a bad area, and I just have extremely good motivation. I do not live in a good family either. I just want people here to know, you can do anything if you can be bothered.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 87
I pirate my resources, I work online teaching people my age and I am not rich any sense. I live in a bad area, are realised that I must grasp information well, since it is very good way of achieving success in life.

Good for you but that still doesn’t work for everyone. Also some people don’t want to pirate resources like you.
Original post by Bio 7
Good for you but that still doesn’t work for everyone. Also some people don’t want to pirate resources like you.

It's a matter of opinion. Pirating through a VPN is no means illegal, just crafty. And also, the people can be bothered to do better at this point in time are the people who will revolutionize the world.
Original post by Bio 7

They could’ve been half closed so for example 2 weeks in schools and 2 weeks at home. I don’t want kids to go out without an education but it has taken 8 months for schools to make preparations online and it’s still crap. I don’t have a laptop and am forced to do everything by phone. I asked my college for a laptop in March and they replied in September (2 days b4 school starting) that they’ve ran out after I pestered them a quintillion times. So this is the education system of the U.K. I haven’t been learning anything since the pandemic started. Everything has become shambolic
Reply 90
Original post by Wired_1800
We were in lockdown then though. Apparently, the numbers double every 2 weeks. So by end of November, there may be up to 1500 deaths.

Cases are 4 times the level they were at in the first wave tho.
If it’s that bad why are schools and colleges staying open?
Original post by A_J_B
Cases are 4 times the level they were at in the first wave tho.

Yes, but the scientist said that the virus has affected the younger population more than older groups. This is probably the reason why the death rate has not been as high in relation to the number of cases.
It will the Stellavirus in 2030
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3ltZmI5LQw - - - - What corona is vibing to right now
If I can finish A level Maths and Further Maths in 2 months during quarantine. Why can't you?

Because not everyone is fortunate enough to have access to the internet or have educational resources.
And you can't exactly go to public libraries now because they are all closed due to Covid. :closedeyes:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 96
There's already threads on this and it's been explained in the media; it allows parents to work.
This is thread 2,457 lol
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by CaptainDuckie
This is thread 2,457 lol

Original post by Surnia
There's already threads on this and it's been explained in the media; it allows parents to work.

So what
Original post by Aminah T
Because not everyone is fortunate enough to have access to the internet or have educational resources.
And you can't exactly go to public libraries now because they are all closed due to Covid. :closedeyes:

Not everyone is as fortunate as you, to have access to resources.

You pirate the resources.
http://libgen.li/
I am not rich I pay for my WiFi through doing online surveys.
https://qmee.com
Both my parents have died.
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/householdcharacteristics/homeinternetandsocialmediausage/bulletins/internetaccesshouseholdsandindividuals/2020
According to ONS, 96 percent of UK household have WiFi.
I do not live in a good area.

There is no excuse to studying. :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending