Can O-Level English Language count?

Watch
Jtquin
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I'm about to apply to uni as a mature student. I was the last of the O levels, (apart from my maths which is a GCSE). I have three A-levels and a degree but from a couple of decades ago! I hadn't really thought about it but do you think my O-Level English Language will count or will I have to sit a GCSE in English just to apply to uni again??!!
bombonera
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The authoritative answer will come from the uni you apply to of course.
BUT...
Yes, your O Level counts. If anything it is in any event superceded by the degree you already hold.
Ultimately, you should not go by any opinions you get here anyway so just ask the uni or jump in with your application.

You have what you need though for sure.
Jtquin
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by bombonera)
The authoritative answer will come from the uni you apply to of course.
BUT...
Yes, your O Level counts. If anything it is in any event superceded by the degree you already hold.
Ultimately, you should not go by any opinions you get here anyway so just ask the uni or jump in with your application.

You have what you need though for sure.
Thank you for replying :-) That's what I was hoping too. I wondered whether UCAS would be the authority on this rather than the uni (hopefully there's a space on the form for O-levels.....)! I don't want to wait another year to apply to get English GCSE (I'll already have an access course to study this year)! I'll get in touch with them on Monday.
Last edited by Jtquin; 3 weeks ago
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Jtquin)
Thank you for replying :-) That's what I was hoping too. I wondered whether UCAS would be the authority on this rather than the uni (hopefully there's a space on the form for O-levels.....)! I don't want to wait another year to apply to get English GCSE (I'll already have an access course to study this year)! I'll get in touch with them on Monday.
Is it a grade A to C?? If so then its fine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (491)
33.42%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (610)
41.52%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (300)
20.42%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (68)
4.63%

Watched Threads