The Student Room Group

Can O-Level English Language count?

I'm about to apply to uni as a mature student. I was the last of the O levels, (apart from my maths which is a GCSE). I have three A-levels and a degree but from a couple of decades ago! I hadn't really thought about it but do you think my O-Level English Language will count or will I have to sit a GCSE in English just to apply to uni again??!!
The authoritative answer will come from the uni you apply to of course.
BUT...
Yes, your O Level counts. If anything it is in any event superceded by the degree you already hold.
Ultimately, you should not go by any opinions you get here anyway so just ask the uni or jump in with your application.

You have what you need though for sure.
Reply 2
Original post by bombonera
The authoritative answer will come from the uni you apply to of course.
BUT...
Yes, your O Level counts. If anything it is in any event superceded by the degree you already hold.
Ultimately, you should not go by any opinions you get here anyway so just ask the uni or jump in with your application.

You have what you need though for sure.

Thank you for replying :-) That's what I was hoping too. I wondered whether UCAS would be the authority on this rather than the uni (hopefully there's a space on the form for O-levels.....)! I don't want to wait another year to apply to get English GCSE (I'll already have an access course to study this year)! I'll get in touch with them on Monday.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Jtquin
Thank you for replying :-) That's what I was hoping too. I wondered whether UCAS would be the authority on this rather than the uni (hopefully there's a space on the form for O-levels.....)! I don't want to wait another year to apply to get English GCSE (I'll already have an access course to study this year)! I'll get in touch with them on Monday.

Is it a grade A to C?? If so then its fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending