Grieving over the death of my best friend

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
So just found out my best friend has took her own life because she was laid off from her job and she has big money worries I'm in a real state and can't stop crying I feel my world has fallen out as we did everything together I don't know why I posted this other than to get this out, I have other friends struggling and if this new lockdown comes in I'm scared for them
Jojolovatic
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I am so sorry - I am here if you need support. I am only a message away.
Old Skool Freak
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So just found out my best friend has took her own life because she was laid off from her job and she has big money worries I'm in a real state and can't stop crying I feel my world has fallen out as we did everything together I don't know why I posted this other than to get this out, I have other friends struggling and if this new lockdown comes in I'm scared for them
Sorry for your loss.

One of my best friends took his life back in 2017, so I can empathise to an extent.

It's a shock to the system (especially if it was completely out of the blue), and there will be so many questions in your head.

There's a grieving process you'll need to go through... you cant rush it, unfortunately. I don't know you, so I can't advise on specifics... but... whatever you feel you need to do, then do it. If you need to cry, then cry, if you want to talk about it, the poster above has already offered to talk (sometimes it helps offloading to a total stranger). Once you've been through it, you'll be able to live your life again (although it won't be quite the same).

Please do NOT keep things to yourself, or bottle up your feelings. Do you have something like a WhatsApp group with your friends? That could be an outlet for all of you and can be a way of communicating / supporting each-other during the lockdown. How well do you know her family? SOMETIMES it can help to visit them, but find out if they're OK with this before just turning up. We also helped out with some of the funeral arrangements (was our way of contributing)... Not sure how practical that will be given the current climate, though
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Well now she doesn’t have any problems so take comfort in the knowledge she’s doing just fine and always will. We all have to end up there one day anyway. Nothingness doesn’t sound bad.

The absence of good things isn’t bad but the absence of bad things is good.
CosmicApathy1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Bio 7)
Well now she doesn’t have any problems so take comfort in the knowledge she’s doing just fine and always will. We all have to end up there one day anyway. Nothingness doesn’t sound bad.

The absence of good things isn’t bad but the absence of bad things is good.
Seconded, PRSOM.
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Are you seeing a therapist?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (640)
33.51%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (806)
42.2%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.79%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.5%

Watched Threads