Lymph nodes in my neck

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
A few years ago, I found a lump on the right side of my neck. Then it started to multiply. I went to the doctor’s and they said that it was just lymph nodes and its completely normal, the lumps should shrink back soon. They told me to come back if it increased or became painful. A few years later, the lumps grew in size and multiplied again, they also feel uncomfortable and painful. I went to the doctors repeatedly and had 2 ultrasound tests and had a hypothyroidism test. The doctors said it was normal. I don’t think it’s normal and I’m really worried. I think it may be cancer, i suspect laryngeal cancer maybe, because I have similar symptoms, thats why i first thought it was (hypothyroidism). The lumps continue to grow and increase. Can someone give some advice please? I don’t know what to do.
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You need to go back to your doctor and describe your symptoms and timeline of symptoms in detail.

Lymph nodes normally enlarge if you’ve got an infection or have just had an vaccination, but in the absence of these and no other obvious explanation, you should talk to your doctor.
You could alternatively approach your dentist as they are essentially doctors of the head and neck region, and examining lymph nodes of the head and neck is in their remit too.
Haris18
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Actually, my dad had it. Don't worry, you'll be okay. But it depends on the tests the doctors( mainly haematologists) will do, e.g biopsy and etc. The Doctors told my dad that it was a bacterial infection and that the lym]ph nodes swell to protect the body. Sometimes those lymph nodes do not return to their normal size. If you had it multiple times you may be treated with chemotherapy. I'm not a doctor but this is all I know based on personal experience. Hope u get well soon!
Anonymous #1
I’ve repeatedly went to the doctor’s about it and they keep saying that it’s normal and it’s not swollen, when i could feel the lymph nodes poking out of neck.
Haris18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’ve repeatedly went to the doctor’s about it and they keep saying that it’s normal and it’s not swollen, when i could feel the lymph nodes poking out of neck.
go to the ane and complain like mad. Then they will take you seriously.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Haris18)
Actually, my dad had it. Don't worry, you'll be okay. But it depends on the tests the doctors( mainly haematologists) will do, e.g biopsy and etc. The Doctors told my dad that it was a bacterial infection and that the lym]ph nodes swell to protect the body. Sometimes those lymph nodes do not return to their normal size. If you had it multiple times you may be treated with chemotherapy. I'm not a doctor but this is all I know based on personal experience. Hope u get well soon!
They haven’t done a biopsy test on me. They only did ultrasound and they said it was normal.
Haris18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
they do the ultrasound and then the biopsy. Maybe it was delayed because of pandemic and doctors are getting overwhelmed by the number of patients they have to treat.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
They haven’t done a biopsy test on me. They only did ultrasound and they said it was normal.
If the ultrasound is normal, you do not need a biopsy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (72)
27.69%
No - I have already returned home (29)
11.15%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (54)
20.77%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (28)
10.77%
No - I live at home during term anyway (77)
29.62%

Watched Threads