Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I have something called strawberry legs which is where I get dark spots on my leg when shaving. It is usually visible to people who have balanced melanin. I get insecure about it during summer times where I'm wearing shorts but because I do PE in school it's beginning to irritate me because I've been trying and trying. Youtubers and articles online suggest exfoliating by using scrubs but I've been doing that for a month now and it's never working. The scrub I use is a sugar and keratin oil scrub I made. Does anyone have any tips I can try?
SoulfulTwist
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Coffe grounds with a drop of olive oil and juice of half lemon scrub? Everyone swears by it. I just don't make time to try this.

Edit- make sure to leave it on for a few minutes
Last edited by SoulfulTwist; 4 weeks ago
ashtolga23
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Oh my God, I'm so sorry I don't have advice but thank you for this thread because I think I may have the same, especially if it's possible to get this on your arms too.

I hope you find a solution, but I'm sure people won't see it as a big thing. Some people I talk to haven't even noticed it on me before I point it out.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by SoulfulTwist)
Coffe grounds with a drop of olive oil and juice of half lemon scrub? Everyone swears by it. I just don't make time to try this.

Edit- make sure to leave it on for a few minutes
Okay, I'll try it and get back to you in maybe a month. Thank you so much!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ashtolga23)
Oh my God, I'm so sorry I don't have advice but thank you for this thread because I think I may have the same, especially if it's possible to get this on your arms too.

I hope you find a solution, but I'm sure people won't see it as a big thing. Some people I talk to haven't even noticed it on me before I point it out.
That's okay! Yeah, I get it on my arms as well but I don't really care for them as their not as visible as my legs. But I'll try some methods out and get back to you
SoulfulTwist
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Okay, I'll try it and get back to you in maybe a month. Thank you so much!
Yes please update us on if you see a difference. Best way to know is to take a picture before you start.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by SoulfulTwist)
Yes please update us on if you see a difference. Best way to know is to take a picture before you start.
Will do!
lilycgbcd
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey! I had really bad strawberry legs as well and someone recommended using coconut oil - as in like 100% cooking one, and it’s so cheap but so effective! So when you shave your legs, put a thick layer of it on and shave with that, honestly my legs look so much better and it makes them so moisturised as well!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by lilycgbcd)
Hey! I had really bad strawberry legs as well and someone recommended using coconut oil - as in like 100% cooking one, and it’s so cheap but so effective! So when you shave your legs, put a thick layer of it on and shave with that, honestly my legs look so much better and it makes them so moisturised as well!
Thank you, I'll try it out!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (707)
33.91%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (891)
42.73%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (394)
18.9%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.46%

Watched Threads