A-Level History study partner needed!

Watch
stresssedyute
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
anybody do edexcel history?
I study:Maos China,Lenin-yeltsin russia and Britain agitation and parliamentary reform.
I currently failing and I have my a level exams in June...
anybody got any good tips or ways of revising?
englishlitgal03
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I do Edexcel, although not those topics. But I imagine the paper structure is the same so I'll give what advice I can. It's a really hard course, and there is a lot of content- so be kind to yourself, you're doing better than you think!

Paper 1: This is the hard one. Huge content levels and a huge time frame. So for section A and B you need to learn the content focusing particularly on chronology. If you know what's going on that'll come across in the exam. You don't need to know every stat or date, just figure out a few key ones and then make timelines and timelines. For section C it's less content and much easier. Try a few practices and ensure you know some own knowledge.
Paper 2: Revise content. There's less of it so it's easier to do. Flashcard/make revision books for each KT.
Paper 3: Haven't started yet! But recommend working on case studies!

Good luck!
stresssedyute
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by englishlitgal03)
I do Edexcel, although not those topics. But I imagine the paper structure is the same so I'll give what advice I can. It's a really hard course, and there is a lot of content- so be kind to yourself, you're doing better than you think!

Paper 1: This is the hard one. Huge content levels and a huge time frame. So for section A and B you need to learn the content focusing particularly on chronology. If you know what's going on that'll come across in the exam. You don't need to know every stat or date, just figure out a few key ones and then make timelines and timelines. For section C it's less content and much easier. Try a few practices and ensure you know some own knowledge.
Paper 2: Revise content. There's less of it so it's easier to do. Flashcard/make revision books for each KT.
Paper 3: Haven't started yet! But recommend working on case studies!

Good luck!
Thankyou
and goodluck to you too💕
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (43)
37.07%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (11)
9.48%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (5)
4.31%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (29)
25%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (18)
15.52%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (10)
8.62%

Watched Threads