Will he still like me in 2 years?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
This guy really liked me and I liked him back, he said he thinks I'm the one and we were talking about the future and he really wanted me in it and I really want him in mine, however we cant talk for 2 years because he is over 18 and I am under, he said he would wait for me and I could tell he really liked me, will he still like me in two years, its driving me mad, someone please answer ahhh x
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
This guy really liked me and I liked him back, he said he thinks I'm the one and we were talking about the future and he really wanted me in it and I really want him in mine, however we cant talk for 2 years because he is over 18 and I am under, he said he would wait for me and I could tell he really liked me, will he still like me in two years, its driving me mad, someone please answer ahhh x
If you ask the mods then you cna borrow the TSR time machine and take a quick trip forward to see. I forgot to add people go through a number of relationships in their life, so dont stress. People also change over the years including yourself. People also differ greatly and some are reliable whereas others are manipulative and lie. Enjoy life and realise in your formative years the one that matters and you need to befriend is yourself.
Last edited by 999tigger; 7 months ago
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
How are we supposed to know? He might be a genuine person and wait for you but it seems more likely that he will find someone of his own age in 2 years and forget about you. Or, you might meet someone else.
Last edited by 5hyl33n; 7 months ago
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
If you ask the mods then you cna borrow the TSR time machine and take a quick trip forward to see. I forgot to add people go through a number of relationships in their life, so dont stress. People also change over the years including yourself. People also differ greatly and some are reliable whereas others are manipulative and lie. Enjoy life and realise in your formative years the one that matters and you need to befriend is yourself.
thanks, I guess he's just a really great guy and I'm scared that he will move on, thanks for your reply though
tbi_zlx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by 5hyl33n)
How are we supposed to know? He might be a genuine person and wait for you but it seems more likely that he will find someone of his own age in 2 years and forget about you. Or, you might meet someone else.
As blunt as it seems, youre right and OP a lot can happen in two years. Believe me you might change and so will he as he gets older and goes out more etc
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 7 months ago
thanks, I guess he's just a really great guy and I'm scared that he will move on, thanks for your reply though
If he's that great he will be there in 2 years time so problem solved and no fretting.
Just realise what you find great now , may differ from what you think in 2-4 years time as you develop.
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
If he is a confident enough, competent enough, well enough balanced, charismatic enough, ambitious enough 18 year old, he will get other girlfriend(s) in the course of the next 2 years. In which case he will have moved on in his life. And whilst he would still remember you with some fondness, there's a high chance that he'll be in a place in his life where there is no room for a sexual relationship with you.

If he is significantly lacking in one or more areas, such as his man to woman social skills, then there's a chance that he will be ready and waiting to have a sexual relationship with you.
In which case, would you really want a sexual relationship with him?
Also, when you reach the age of 16, do you really want a sexual relationship, instead of waiting to finish GCSE's, A levels and for you to leave home before you get yourself a sexual partner?

Either way, it doesn't make sense for the 2 of you to get together in 2 years time. Either because if he's worth having there's minimal chance of him available to you. Or if he is available, then he's probably not the sort of young man you should be with.

As an adult it's less important that you have a boyfriend at any particular time, than that you have the skills, talent, ability to select good enough men to be your boyfriend, to get them to become your boyfriend and to keep them.
In the same way that it doesn't matter much if you are rich or not (look at lottery winners that are poorer than when they started 2 years on). What counts more is that you have the ability to make enough money and to keep enough of it.

In other words, the ability to get what you want, is more important than having what you want at any particular time.
The future is unpredictable and life will throw you unexpected setbacks.

Try to detach yourself from looking at your romantic life from the point of view of today.
Try to look at it from the point of view of 6 years time. With the next 6 years being your apprenticeship in romantic relationships. Where you learn how to select, attract and keep romantic partners.
Don't expect to be good at it straight away. And it's good if you get to practise with more than one partner, as you will learn more that way. And going through your first big break up and recovering to start a new relationship is an important part of your apprenticeship - possibly the most important.

As a final, little added tip. As a general rule, try to take your life less seriously than you currently are.
Today's setback is next year's amusing anecdote to tell to your friends.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (82)
27.24%
England (101)
33.55%
Belgium (26)
8.64%
Germany (37)
12.29%
Spain (5)
1.66%