yourstruly101
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I've bought the iPhone 6s recently as my mum isn't willing to buy any iPhone higher than the 6s. I've realized a few problems. The battery goes down sooo quickly and I had problems with my charger the first week I got it. On the first week, I got it, it wasn't charging so I had a dead phone every day and I would bring it into school to get my friend to charge it. During the half term I figured out how to fix this but it really annoyed me as as soon as I unlocked the phone it would stop charging so I had to wait for it to get to a desirable percentage before I could use it. Is anyone having any problems as well or have any tips for me? Sorry for this being to long haha
SchmuckOff
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You can probably get a better quality android for that price point
yourstruly101
Rep:
?
(Original post by SchmuckOff)
You can probably get a better quality android for that price point
I just transferred from an android and I prefer apple better.
MadameRazz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
iphones are pretty notorious for working poorly after theyre a few years old tbh. tho my 7 is still good (touch wood) - it may be wiser to either buy a newer phone (as at some point you wont be able to update to the current iOS anyway) or get a cheaper, newer android.
yourstruly101
Rep:
?
(Original post by MadameRazz)
iphones are pretty notorious for working poorly after theyre a few years old tbh. tho my 7 is still good (touch wood) - it may be wiser to either buy a newer phone (as at some point you wont be able to update to the current iOS anyway) or get a cheaper, newer android.
Don't get me wrong the iphone I have is brilliant and better than my past phone it's just the charger problem .
MadameRazz
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by yourstruly101)
Don't get me wrong the iphone I have is brilliant and better than my past phone it's just the charger problem .
yeah its a running joke that as soon as a new iphone comes out the older ones battery turns to sh*t. and considering the 6s is a few years old now its not surprising. the iOS thing will be an issue for you soon tho, if it isnt already.
MadameRazz
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
where did you buy it from? either the cable is dodgy or the charging port on the phone is dodgy, i think. i’ve had my phone stop charging on occasion when i’ve picked it up/moved it and it was down to broken chargers.
yourstruly101
Rep:
?
(Original post by MadameRazz)
where did you buy it from? either the cable is dodgy or the charging port on the phone is dodgy, i think. i’ve had my phone stop charging on occasion when i’ve picked it up/moved it and it was down to broken chargers.
either ebay or i bought it with my network provider
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
either ebay or i bought it with my network provider
I would perform a full restore to factory settings, if the issues persist then there is likely a defect. If you bought it through your network provider and "recently" means the last few months then you should be able to claim a replacement under warranty. If you bought it through eBay you've owned it far too long without addressing the issue to make any sort of claim against the seller, so you'd be looking at a repair/replacement out of your own pocket.
yourstruly101
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gofre)
I would perform a full restore to factory settings, if the issues persist then there is likely a defect. If you bought it through your network provider and "recently" means the last few months then you should be able to claim a replacement under warranty. If you bought it through eBay you've owned it far too long without addressing the issue to make any sort of claim against the seller, so you'd be looking at a repair/replacement out of your own pocket.
I've had for roughly 3 weeks now. Thanks for the tips!
username5383500
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The battery goes down sooo quickly and I had problems with my charger the first week I got it.
Issues with the charger itself have been mentioned. It's either the charger itself, which is fixed by getting a new charger, or the charging port/circuits which would require professional repair.

But the battery is really no surprise, as they degrade from the moment they are assembled. The iPhone 6S is over 5 years old, and it's not uncommon to see serious degredation after just 2 or 3 years. Not to mention older iPhones had pathetically small batteries to begin with. To get anything resembling reasonable battery life, you'll be paying for a replacement battery. This is the unfortunate realism when you buy used.
Campkon
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
My last one was iPhone 6. It worked very well and I liked it very much, but I had to replace it. It worked for me for 6 years. It was time to retire last year. You should discuss with your mother. Buy a new iPhone at once.
Freya JC
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
My current phone is an iPhone 6s. Like others have said, the battery not charging may be a problem with the phone itself or the charger. Does the phone have any kind of warranty on it? I’d try using a new charger, or try replugging the charger in when you’ve turned on the phone. If not, take it to get repaired.

For charging, I’d stick to fully charging the phone when you’re not going to be using it, for example at night or during school hours to keep the battery problem to a minimum. The battery also drains fast on my phone, and I’ve found carrying a portable charger around can help with this.

I’m assuming that this is a refurbished or second-hand phone that you’ve bought? I’d recommend making sure you have a good source for these types of phones in the future, as if you did get it off eBay it may not have been good quality to begin with (dependant on the seller). Music Magpie is a reliable provider, and I’ve had no problems with them.

Hope your problem is solved soon!
yourstruly101
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Freya JC)
My current phone is an iPhone 6s. Like others have said, the battery not charging may be a problem with the phone itself or the charger. Does the phone have any kind of warranty on it? I’d try using a new charger, or try replugging the charger in when you’ve turned on the phone. If not, take it to get repaired.

For charging, I’d stick to fully charging the phone when you’re not going to be using it, for example at night or during school hours to keep the battery problem to a minimum. The battery also drains fast on my phone, and I’ve found carrying a portable charger around can help with this.

I’m assuming that this is a refurbished or second-hand phone that you’ve bought? I’d recommend making sure you have a good source for these types of phones in the future, as if you did get it off eBay it may not have been good quality to begin with (dependant on the seller). Music Magpie is a reliable provider, and I’ve had no problems with them.

Hope your problem is solved soon!
Thank you for these tips they were helpful. I managed to fix my charging problem the chargers I bought were cheap so they stopped working quickly as time went on so I bought a price charger which I've had no problems with so far. As for the battery, it does drain a lot so I usually charge it any chance I get like the night before school, while I'm getting ready to go school and I bring my charger with me to charge.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (606)
33.76%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (751)
41.84%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (358)
19.94%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (80)
4.46%

Watched Threads