Why do you think there are more male than female stalkers?

Watch
hijackedbrother
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Not sure if this is the right place to post it but I was wondering this. I was reading a Reddit thread on a woman concerned after visiting a police station, giving her details and going home and seeing multiple Instagram, Facebook requests from the officer at the station.

Now this may be on the lower end of the spectrum but I've honestly never heard of women doing this. Not all men are stalkers obviously but most stalkers I would say are men. Constantly emailing women they're fascinated by, texting them, sending them letters.

Why is there a gender disparity in this? Is it how men are socialized (nurture), something innate due to sex differences (nature) or a mixture of both?
JKRfan
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Maybe male stalkers are more likely to be violent and therefore more likely to come into contact with police & making official stats.
Maybe men are less likely to report being stalked.
Last edited by JKRfan; 4 weeks ago
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
The same reason more men sexually assault people. Men are just different to woman, sometimes in a bad way like this.
Johanny x
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Those are probably the statistics.
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I’d be interested to see the statistics for this. Hearing about Male stalkers more doesn’t mean there are more necessarily..
shak101
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
How many men report these things? I had two female stalkers for 2.5-3 years, I just ignored them as I didn't feel threatened tbh. I'd imagine if it was the other way round and I was a woman who had a man following me around I would have felt more vulnerable.
ważzer
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Men report stalkers much later than women. By that I mean, less damage has to be done before a woman will take action, because the average man has the ability to hurt (physically, etc) the average woman more than vice versa
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Wouldn't be surprised if the view of this has been skewed in the same way as domestic violence, I'd imagine far fewer men would report these things.
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
The same reason more men sexually assault people. Men are just different to woman, sometimes in a bad way like this.
complete garbage
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (675)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (856)
42.63%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (386)
19.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.53%

Watched Threads