Should I stop trying to talk to him

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hii there hope you’re well!!

Over the past holiday I’ve gotten like pretty close to this guy, he lives in a different city not too far and we started talking LOADS the past few weeks and we really opened up to eachother and most nights we’d be talking (voice messages too) until like 1/2 am. Then yesterday just like that he stopped talking. Everything was going so great, so I said if your busy that’s fine and he just said he was and today I tried sparking another convo and asking him if he was good like maybe it was an off day but it was like one word replies then I said just I was gonna go and do something and like said bye and he didn’t even reply. I just don’t understand it was all so great but just like that it’s like I’m annoying him now :’( what should I doo?? Also since it first happened I’ve tried not texting him but I just ended up texting him in case something happened but no it just seemed like he’s switched?? It just really hurts hearing him say hell come back and talk to me later and goodnight/good morning texts every day to literally me feeling like I’m annoying him :’
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Ask him what’s wrong.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
Ask him what’s wrong.
I’ve asked him if he’s good and he doesn’t really reply and I’ve even said I get the vibe I’m annoying you if I am just tell me so I won’t keep texting you and then he just says he’s busy but the whole vibe is completely gone. It’s like it was a different person
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’ve asked him if he’s good and he doesn’t really reply and I’ve even said I get the vibe I’m annoying you if I am just tell me so I won’t keep texting you and then he just says he’s busy but the whole vibe is completely gone. It’s like it was a different person
Ok he probably doesn’t like you, move on.
Anonymous #1
Ok he probably doesn’t like you, move on.
Thanks bro
shak101
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
He might actually be busy. Did he say what he was doing? If not then just give him a couple days (before deciding to move on etc.)
Anonymous #1
(Original post by shak101)
He might actually be busy. Did he say what he was doing? If not then just give him a couple days (before deciding to move on etc.)
I text him actually asking if I was bothering him because I didn’t wanna spam his phone if he’d lost interest and he did reply saying he was busy so I think I’ll wait and see how it goes fingers crossed
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I text him actually asking if I was bothering him because I didn’t wanna spam his phone if he’d lost interest and he did reply saying he was busy so I think I’ll wait and see how it goes fingers crossed
Nah, I doubt he’s busy
You’re telling me he’s that busy not to talk to you at all?
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
A girl rn in my life is doing something similar to what you’re doing, I don’t like her & she still hasn’t gotten the hint. Wait for him if you plead.
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Actually wait, if it was yesterday he stopped talking to you, you should wait
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Give him maybe a week, see what’s happening then if it carries on, move on
learner38
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hii there hope you’re well!!

Over the past holiday I’ve gotten like pretty close to this guy, he lives in a different city not too far and we started talking LOADS the past few weeks and we really opened up to eachother and most nights we’d be talking (voice messages too) until like 1/2 am. Then yesterday just like that he stopped talking. Everything was going so great, so I said if your busy that’s fine and he just said he was and today I tried sparking another convo and asking him if he was good like maybe it was an off day but it was like one word replies then I said just I was gonna go and do something and like said bye and he didn’t even reply. I just don’t understand it was all so great but just like that it’s like I’m annoying him now :’( what should I doo?? Also since it first happened I’ve tried not texting him but I just ended up texting him in case something happened but no it just seemed like he’s switched?? It just really hurts hearing him say hell come back and talk to me later and goodnight/good morning texts every day to literally me feeling like I’m annoying him :’
I’ve dealt with a boy like this before. My advice would be to never beg. If he wants to continue to talk to you he would. You have asked him what’s wrong and if your annoying soo uno. There’s nothing more you can do. I hope everything works out I don’t want anyone making the same mistake I did
ItsTomii
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
A girl rn in my life is doing something similar to what you’re doing, I don’t like her & she still hasn’t gotten the hint. Wait for him if you plead.
Why not just tell her you don’t like her straight up? 💀
Anonymous #1
(Original post by learner38)
I’ve dealt with a boy like this before. My advice would be to never beg. If he wants to continue to talk to you he would. You have asked him what’s wrong and if your annoying soo uno. There’s nothing more you can do. I hope everything works out I don’t want anyone making the same mistake I did
Yeah I spoke to him a bit today but I think I’m gonna try not say anything and just see if he speaks to me. The most frustrating thing though is that knowing how enthusiastic he was before like it was amazing whenever we talked we talked properly now it’s just like oh okay??
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ItsTomii)
Why not just tell her you don’t like her straight up? 💀
Because it happens
Anonymous #1
Because it happens
Please just try and make it clear because I got led on so hard and then when he stopped I literally felt awful for days
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Please just try and make it clear because I got led on so hard and then when he stopped I literally felt awful for days
She’s gotten the hint now I think anyways..
I think the similar thing is happening to you but in this case I can’t really tell because you said he only stopped talking to you two days ago
Mines been going on for like 3 weeks now of constant messages
learner38
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yeah I spoke to him a bit today but I think I’m gonna try not say anything and just see if he speaks to me. The most frustrating thing though is that knowing how enthusiastic he was before like it was amazing whenever we talked we talked properly now it’s just like oh okay??
Yeh I get you but if he’s draining ur energy let it go idk why people tend to do this a lot but good luck
Anonymous #1
Because it happens

(Original post by learner38)
Yeh I get you but if he’s draining ur energy let it go idk why people tend to do this a lot but good luck
Update: I’ve given up it’s literally like it takes too much effort to even speak to me anymore
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Update: I’ve given up it’s literally like it takes too much effort to even speak to me anymore
Ok yeah, there you go then. I told you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (538)
33.96%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (651)
41.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (322)
20.33%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (73)
4.61%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed