How to make better friends with people

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi,

I recently moved to a new school in September to start fresh (sixth form) because my teachers were bad in my old school (irrelevant) and I also only really had 2 friends (and one of them was an *******).

In my new school i've managed to make 4 new good friends in this first half term, however, I have a problem. There is this group of people that I would like to be friends with, and some members of this group do occasionally talk to me and invite me to play games with them, but I'm not really part of their group.

I would really like to be part of their group, however I really don't know how to do this effectively. I know it will take time, but how do I become proper friends with them? I know this is a stupid question, but please just dont say "just talk to them" cuz i've been doing that (to some extent).

Any advice is greatly appreciated .
ApplePiePanda
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi,

I recently moved to a new school in September to start fresh (sixth form) because my teachers were bad in my old school (irrelevant) and I also only really had 2 friends (and one of them was an *******).

In my new school i've managed to make 4 new good friends in this first half term, however, I have a problem. There is this group of people that I would like to be friends with, and some members of this group do occasionally talk to me and invite me to play games with them, but I'm not really part of their group.

I would really like to be part of their group, however I really don't know how to do this effectively. I know it will take time, but how do I become proper friends with them? I know this is a stupid question, but please just dont say "just talk to them" cuz i've been doing that (to some extent).

Any advice is greatly appreciated .
I would say to just spend more time with them in general, even if it's a hello in the morning or whenever you see them or spending a lunch time with them, also it may be a good idea to think about their likes too?(brownie points). Sorry if this doesn't help, but that's what I think is effective to make new friends. Good luck! You got this!
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ApplePiePanda)
I would say to just spend more time with them in general, even if it's a hello in the morning or whenever you see them or spending a lunch time with them, also it may be a good idea to think about their likes too?(brownie points). Sorry if this doesn't help, but that's what I think is effective to make new friends. Good luck! You got this!
This does help thank you! I do already know their likes somewhat though, they like alot of similar things to me thankfully
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (538)
33.94%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (651)
41.07%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (323)
20.38%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (73)
4.61%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise