A level business
A level Maths
A level sociology
stereotypeasian
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
do you have any interests/plans/ideas for what you want to do after you leave sixth form ?

whats your opinion on the mentioned subjects, e.g. likes and dislikes etc ?
Eaterwheat
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by stereotypeasian)
do you have any interests/plans/ideas for what you want to do after you leave sixth form ?

whats your opinion on the mentioned subjects, e.g. likes and dislikes etc ?
When I leave college I want to probably go into digtal marketing or some kind of part of the digtal business field.
Opinions on subjects
Business- interesting and i'm very good at it as well
IT- Very useful gain some skills with computers however family and peers dont want me to take it because it a btec
Sociology- same opinion as business tbh
Math- I dont like it but family want me to
hajima
Badges: 18
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Eaterwheat)
Combination A
A level business
BTEC IT
A level Sociology
Combination B
A level business
A level Maths
A level sociology
So you're deciding between A-Level Maths and BTEC IT? The bottom line with your subject combination should be if you enjoy the subjects. As you've said you don't enjoy Maths, don't take it at A-Level. The problem with choosing subjects you think would be 'good' but you don't actually enjoy is that you'll never want to do the work, which typically translates into a poor grade at the end of it. Please filter the subjects you're considering by whether or not you enjoy them first and then decide based on which ones are more likely to get you where you want to be.
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by hajima)
So you're deciding between A-Level Maths and BTEC IT? The bottom line with your subject combination should be if you enjoy the subjects. As you've said you don't enjoy Maths, don't take it at A-Level. The problem with choosing subjects you think would be 'good' but you don't actually enjoy is that you'll never want to do the work, which typically translates into a poor grade at the end of it. Please filter the subjects you're considering by whether or not you enjoy them first and then decide based on which ones are more likely to get you where you want to be.
100% this. Please read and follow, Eaterwheat.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (538)
33.96%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (651)
41.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (322)
20.33%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (73)
4.61%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise