The Student Room Group

Student finance question!

Hi all, I’m a bit confused regarding student finance and was wondering if anyone could help me out! Basically I completed a year of biology and then switched to foundation physics at the same uni. I want to do an integrated masters.. so essentially that's 6 years of study (1 year biology + 1 foundation year + 4 year integrated masters degree). I think I'm correct that student finance will fund me for length of course + 1 year - years of previous study, so does that mean I'm entitled to 5 years of tuition fee loans and will have to self-fund one year?
Also, would I still be able to get a maintenance loan for the self-funded year?
Thanks for any help!
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by crowleybeans
Hi all, I’m a bit confused regarding student finance and was wondering if anyone could help me out! Basically I completed a year of biology and then switched to foundation physics at the same uni. I want to do an integrated masters.. so essentially that's 6 years of study (1 year biology + 1 foundation year + 4 year integrated masters degree). I think I'm correct that student finance will fund me for length of course + 1 year - years of previous study, so does that mean I'm entitled to 5 years of tuition fee loans and will have to self-fund one year?
Also, would I still be able to get a maintenance loan for the self-funded year?
Thanks for any help!

Hi, students can receive funding for the length of their course plus one additional year.

If your new course is 4 years long and you have 2 years of previous study, then your calculation is 4+1-2 = 3 years of funding, this means you will need to self fund the first year of the course unless you have Compelling Personal Reasons for your previous study http://ow.ly/MsMM30pjjOm
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending