The Student Room Group

How are Year 13s doing?

I’m in year 13 and I’m curious to see how everything’s going for others. With all this uncertainty, I’m always on the verge of a mental breakdown and I’m pretty fed up of teachers putting so much pressure on us. I’m procrastinating a lot just to distract myself from all my worries about my possible exams results and my future etc. In conclusion, I’m a mess :’)

Anyways. How’s revision? Subject content? School in general? Mental health?

(I really just need advice on how to cope with all this as well as revise effectively and NOT procrastinate)
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Suzanne02
I’m in year 13 and I’m curious to see how everything’s going for others. With all this uncertainty, I’m always on the verge of a mental breakdown and I’m pretty fed up of teachers putting so much pressure on us. I’m procrastinating a lot just to distract myself from all my worries about my possible exams results and my future etc. In conclusion, I’m a mess :’)

(I really just need advice on how to cope with all this as well as revise effectively and NOT procrastinate)

Hey Suzzane I'm also in year 13,and you're right. You just have to take it slowly don't get stressed out about it.
I’m coping terribly. I just want to sleep. :biggrin:
Feel like my brain is mushy peas at this point lol
Omds seeing these replies is acc scary feel like I’m gonna die next year 😂😭
Original post by Shadbury
Omds seeing these replies is acc scary feel like I’m gonna die next year 😂😭

I think it’s mostly because we didn’t have a year 12 and so teachers are pressuring us even more because of the uncertainty of this year.
Original post by 5hyl33n
I think it’s mostly because we didn’t have a year 12 and so teachers are pressuring us even more because of the uncertainty of this year.

Ahh of course, best of luck with everything - just take the pain and bang out for one more year then boom no more stress you’ll have maaade itttt

See I’m good at motivating people but motivating myself is different entirely 😂

Fr though you got this, all of you
just stress. My teacher said she'd put up a video of mock feedback and she hasn't
Reply 8
Original post by 5hyl33n
I’m coping terribly. I just want to sleep. :biggrin:

Such a mood. Same tho. I’m physically and mentally exhausted :’)
Reply 9
Original post by hw8
Feel like my brain is mushy peas at this point lol

Yesss same. Like I’m revising (well if I’m not procrastinating) but I feel like nothing is staying in my head at all. Ahhh...I’m so done with all this :c
Reply 10
Anyone studying Chemistry (Edexcel)? There is a post about CP9A and you can have a look at it, so you can share it to all people in your year and reduce your teacher’s workload!
I'm stressed. I feel like everything is really vague at the moment. Like we still don't know for sure what is happening with the exams. My teachers are pressuring the year group even more now but it's hard to catch up with year 12 content that we missed, revise content that we did, learn new content and do a million different pieces of homework. Like give us a break :/
Reply 12
Original post by Caz1234567
I'm stressed. I feel like everything is really vague at the moment. Like we still don't know for sure what is happening with the exams. My teachers are pressuring the year group even more now but it's hard to catch up with year 12 content that we missed, revise content that we did, learn new content and do a million different pieces of homework. Like give us a break :/

What topics do you want to study in lockdown?
I am now posting my notes on TSR, helping all students taking Edexcel exams in 2021.
I'm honestly finding it way too much. I think stress is eating away at any motivation I have, so I'm barely doing any work, and it becomes a vicious cycle.

I just don't have the will to do any of it.
Reply 14
Original post by ashtolga23
I'm honestly finding it way too much. I think stress is eating away at any motivation I have, so I'm barely doing any work, and it becomes a vicious cycle.

I just don't have the will to do any of it.

Yesss same. I get stressed easily so I’m basically stressed all the time and it’s draining me to the point where I just can’t work. Also the more I’m stressed the more I procrastinate too. Then I’m always doing homework last minute and it’s just so tiring. Like rn I woke up early to finish an essay I didn’t do :frown:(
Original post by Suzanne02

Same!! I try to revise at least an hour every day but it's just not getting there. I've made a suitable revision tt but my sleeping schedule is a wreck atm its mad with the online classes I need to attend from Wed :frown:
A2 & equal standard is equal to catch up to. Like, with yr12 (Live in Wales) exams being cancelled I don't know how much (time) I need to revise & from when. I've only got experience with GCSEs so its a VERY big jump i just feel like cryingggggughhhhhhh.
Original post by 8013
What topics do you want to study in lockdown?
I am now posting my notes on TSR, helping all students taking Edexcel exams in 2021.

I'm doing AQA Maths, OCR Religious Studies and Edexcel Spanish. Idk about specific topics but I am really struggling in all my subjects. I can relate to @ashtolga23 about the vicious cycle .
Tbh, I’m on top of school work so I’m not too fussed.
But chemistry makes me sick🤢 I’ve been covering A level content by myself & my teacher thinks it’s smart for us to cover all the practical’s first which is very stupid
Reply 18
i'm like overall ok, but i take four subjects plus epq and our school is talking about moving mocks to december, and if they do that, i'll fail. fantastic, so excited.
It’s quite likely all schools and colleges will have to close within the next month. The Covid is going out of control.
All exams should be replaced with 100% coursework assessment for the next 2 years.

Quick Reply

Latest