The Student Room Group

lockdown in england

another lockdown is happenening soon in england and recently ive just got this new job at mcdonalds, will they still take me on or wait till its over?
(edited 3 years ago)
I thought you didn’t get the job?

And also-that depends on the beach and whether they’re staying open for takeaway or not. You wouldn’t be eligible for furlough anyways so it wouldn’t make a difference to them if they delay start dates.
Reply 2
Original post by GabiAbi84
I thought you didn’t get the job?

And also-that depends on the beach and whether they’re staying open for takeaway or not. You wouldn’t be eligible for furlough anyways so it wouldn’t make a difference to them if they delay start dates

i wrote an update before, i rang up for feedback and he said i only didnt get it because he assumed i was going away for uni next year which wasnt the case. They are staying open for delivery and drive thru, doesn't that mean they will need less staff?
Reply 3
Did you ring him back today? If so, he would of told you he wasn't taking on because of the lockdown.

Can you ring him back and ask him?
Original post by Leila1979
i wrote an update before, i rang up for feedback and he said i only didnt get it because he assumed i was going away for uni next year which wasnt the case. They are staying open for delivery and drive thru, doesn't that mean they will need less staff?

They may need less staff if they are only doing take away. Phone them and ask. They may delay your start date.
People should protest and ignore the 'lockdown'. Forget these 80 year olds on their last legs!
Original post by studyallday
People should protest and ignore the 'lockdown'. Forget these 80 year olds on their last legs!

Pretty repulsive way to speak considering the amount of people mourning.
Original post by StriderHort
Pretty repulsive way to speak considering the amount of people mourning.

Not really we need to find a girl/boyfriend and have a good time, I spent the early part of the summer studying now i dont want to be stuck indoors to protect these oldies who have not done anything for me!
Reply 8
Original post by Emma:-)
They may need less staff if they are only doing take away. Phone them and ask. They may delay your start date.

Yes i did, the manager won't be in for another week so imma have to wait
Original post by studyallday
Not really we need to find a girl/boyfriend and have a good time, I spent the early part of the summer studying now i dont want to be stuck indoors to protect these oldies who have not done anything for me!

Yes, as I said, repulsive. Everyone has things they want to do but that's no reason to try and be such a slimy edgelord about it.
Reply 10
Original post by CJ202020
Did you ring him back today? If so, he would of told you he wasn't taking on because of the lockdown.

Can you ring him back and ask him?

yes i rang back but he won't be in for another week

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending