Want more information about this university?

University of East London, Counselling BSc?

Watch
anzbowz
Badges: 2
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice about the UEL Counselling undergraduate course.

I like that this course is BACP accredited. I want to study straight Counselling, not Counselling combined with another subject and this seems to be the only BSc course I can find of this sort in London!

Has anyone studied this? If so, can you give me some reviews/advice/tips about the course please? Do you enjoy it? Are the lectures interesting? How difficult is it? What's the university like? I've heard mixed reviews...

BTW I'd be a mature student so wouldn't be living on campus, so I don't need info about that.

Thank you!
Nellabelle
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I wanted to study postgraduate in Counselling at UEL but have yet to hear any positives about this uni. My friend actually asked why would I want to study at a mickey mouse university that's one of the lowest on league table. London Met seems to have better reviews.
f.ga010301
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by anzbowz)
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice about the UEL Counselling undergraduate course.

I like that this course is BACP accredited. I want to study straight Counselling, not Counselling combined with another subject and this seems to be the only BSc course I can find of this sort in London!

Has anyone studied this? If so, can you give me some reviews/advice/tips about the course please? Do you enjoy it? Are the lectures interesting? How difficult is it? What's the university like? I've heard mixed reviews...

BTW I'd be a mature student so wouldn't be living on campus, so I don't need info about that.

Thank you!
Hi I am a student at london met!

they have a great counselling and coaching course. This programme has been designed in accordance to the British Association for Counselling, Care Quality Commission, National Health Service (NHS) and National Institute for Health and Care Excellence guidelines. the entry requirements are a minimum of grades BCC in three A levels or a minimum of grades BC in at least two A levels in academic or business subjects (or a minimum of 104 UCAS points from an equivalent Level 3 qualification, eg BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma/Diploma; or Advanced Diploma; or Progression Diploma; or Access to HE Diploma with 60 credits), English Language and Mathematics GCSE at grade C/grade 4 or above (or equivalent)
successfully passed a fitness to practice interview at the University. Applicants with relevant professional qualifications or extensive professional experience will also be considered on a case by case basis. 100% of students said that the staff taught and explained well and toa high standard and 96% of students said the course is intellectually stimulating which are some amazing statistics to help you form your decision!

London met has a great community feel and everyone is so friendly which is exactly what you need when studying for a degree. lecturers are really hands-on and constantly checking up with you to see your progress and always willing to help. if you want to find out more info about the course e.g. the module breakdowns etc. I definitely suggest visiting the course webpage on the London Met website.

i hope this helps and good luck with your future plans!
anzbowz
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Nellabelle)
I wanted to study postgraduate in Counselling at UEL but have yet to hear any positives about this uni. My friend actually asked why would I want to study at a mickey mouse university that's one of the lowest on league table. London Met seems to have better reviews.
Thanks for your reply! Yeah, I've not heard great things about UEL either... thanks for your recommendation! I'll check out London Met. x
anzbowz
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by f.ga010301)
Hi I am a student at london met!

they have a great counselling and coaching course. This programme has been designed in accordance to the British Association for Counselling, Care Quality Commission, National Health Service (NHS) and National Institute for Health and Care Excellence guidelines. the entry requirements are a minimum of grades BCC in three A levels or a minimum of grades BC in at least two A levels in academic or business subjects (or a minimum of 104 UCAS points from an equivalent Level 3 qualification, eg BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma/Diploma; or Advanced Diploma; or Progression Diploma; or Access to HE Diploma with 60 credits), English Language and Mathematics GCSE at grade C/grade 4 or above (or equivalent)
successfully passed a fitness to practice interview at the University. Applicants with relevant professional qualifications or extensive professional experience will also be considered on a case by case basis. 100% of students said that the staff taught and explained well and toa high standard and 96% of students said the course is intellectually stimulating which are some amazing statistics to help you form your decision!

London met has a great community feel and everyone is so friendly which is exactly what you need when studying for a degree. lecturers are really hands-on and constantly checking up with you to see your progress and always willing to help. if you want to find out more info about the course e.g. the module breakdowns etc. I definitely suggest visiting the course webpage on the London Met website.

i hope this helps and good luck with your future plans!
Thank you so much for your response! I'll definitely check out the London Met course. I'm also keen on the University of Roehampton Psychology & Counselling BSc (even though I'd prefer a straight Counselling course), so I'll compare the two. Your detailed response is much appreciated All the best to you x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (437)
56.24%
I don't have everything I need (340)
43.76%

Watched Threads