ct4321
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I am struggling to pick what A level I want to do. I think I want to do Psychology at uni but I'm not sure and want to keep my options open. Would taking Bio, Chem and Maths be more useful than switching one of those for Psychology? Is psychology a level even useful for the uni degree?
anoynmous1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by ct4321)
I am struggling to pick what A level I want to do. I think I want to do Psychology at uni but I'm not sure and want to keep my options open. Would taking Bio, Chem and Maths be more useful than switching one of those for Psychology? Is psychology a level even useful for the uni degree?
If you wanna do psychology at uni, then yeah take it, if not you can switch bio for psychology. Because for example medicine unis look at psychology as a science subject so they only want you to have chem and either psychology/maths/or bio. I think its the same for engineering. Not sure about other courses
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
if you did bio, chem and maths you'd still be able to do a psychology degree. take subjects you enjoy. none of the unis who offer psychology ask for a level psychology. i'm doing a psychology degree and whilst i can say the a level has given me a bit of a headstart, it's not a significant advantage as lecturers teach everyone from scratch so it's a level playing field.
Arden University
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi there,

I am currently doing a Psychology and Criminology degree and also completed an A-Level in Psychology too. Personally, I think if you are looking to continue your studies in psychology, while it is not completely necessary it is definitely helpful as it gives you a good basis of knowledge on psychology and the different sub sectors that are researched in Psychology. Some of the content learnt in first year of university can be overlapping but I do think already knowing certain theories or studies really helps with deepening your understanding on said areas of psychology.

Toni,
Student Ambassador
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (288)
55.81%
I don't have everything I need (228)
44.19%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise