IAL, Edexcel A and B, AQA

Watch this thread
Marwah Islam
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Guys, I honestly need help understanding the difference between all of this UK exam boards. I am a candidate of Edexcel IAL. I have physics, chemistry, maths, biology. I was searching for a forum which has a complete course for my curriculum but there's is hardly any for IAL. I have my A2 exams in 2 months and I honestly need help. I mean what is the difference between all of these specifications. Will I be good if I purchase the courses for the GCE specification? Also I really need help with solving question papers. I am thinking of purchasing courses from snaprevise.com but they don't have the IAL courses specifically. Or is alevelbiology.co.uk better? Which one is worth my money?
Hasanah_112
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Hi I hope your well
I sat my a levels las year and I did edexcel B for biology.
I personally didn't find any online resources that were particularly beneficial and since you're doing IAL I would recommend that you:
- Print out your syllabus, use it to understand each and every point that you need to do know for the exam (Basically learn your content inside out) using your book.
- Use tailored tutors videos on youtube to help you understand any concepts that might be a bit long/ challenging.
- Do ALL your previous past paper starting from the 2019 and going backwards mark them thoroughly look at the mark scheme and try to understand exactly where you went wrong use the examiners report to help you understand how you should answer in future. Than REPEAT the question based on what you've learned.
- Make flash cards or note down any questions and answers and visit them every few days.
- Try to understand the different exam techniques and method there are to answering questions ( E.g explain for 2 marks might just mean giving a point and explaining it briefly)

You can do this! 2 months is definitely a bit of time to help you improve your grade and exam technique.
Marwah Islam
Rep:
(Original post by Hasanah_112)
Hi I hope your well
I sat my a levels las year and I did edexcel B for biology.
I personally didn't find any online resources that were particularly beneficial and since you're doing IAL I would recommend that you:
- Print out your syllabus, use it to understand each and every point that you need to do know for the exam (Basically learn your content inside out) using your book.
- Use tailored tutors videos on youtube to help you understand any concepts that might be a bit long/ challenging.
- Do ALL your previous past paper starting from the 2019 and going backwards mark them thoroughly look at the mark scheme and try to understand exactly where you went wrong use the examiners report to help you understand how you should answer in future. Than REPEAT the question based on what you've learned.
- Make flash cards or note down any questions and answers and visit them every few days.
- Try to understand the different exam techniques and method there are to answering questions ( E.g explain for 2 marks might just mean giving a point and explaining it briefly)

You can do this! 2 months is definitely a bit of time to help you improve your grade and exam technique.
Hey! I hope you are well too!
Thank you so much for helping me out. I will definitely start my journey from today.
Marwah Islam
Rep:
@Hasannah_112
Hey! I hope you are well too!
Thank you so much for helping me out. I will definitely start my journey from today.
Last edited by Marwah Islam; 1 year ago
Hasanah_112
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Good Luck
You've got this
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (22)
20.56%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (12)
11.21%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (7)
6.54%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (18)
16.82%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (25)
23.36%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (23)
21.5%

Watched Threads